Hate that tranny knob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in the other boat. I can't stand column shifters. I absolutely hate them. The console shifters are ok but I love the 8-speed one. Its so easy to use and takes up zero room. I'd rather twist a knob then grab a pole.

OP
OP
K

kirwinjd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm in the other boat. I can't stand column shifters. I absolutely hate them. The console shifters are ok but I love the 8-speed one. Its so easy to use and takes up zero room. I'd rather twist a knob then grab a pole.

Lol. Ok. I kept wondering if this a guy thing or just another attempt in the feminizing of America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
FINALLY---someone else that hates that son of a ***** as much as I do. I hate it worst than my ex!!!-------------but I still love the truck. I guess sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad.
Jay

OP
OP
K

kirwinjd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FINALLY---someone else that hates that son of a ***** as much as I do. I hate it worst than my ex!!!-------------but I still love the truck. I guess sometimes you gotta take the good with the bad.
Jay

Funny. For a while I was feeling lonely. Most replies actually like it and that's fine.
Same story with me. I really wanted a Ram this time so I guess I better suck it up buttercup.

gahris

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't mind it. I really don't like column shifters at all. Only funny issue I had is when I drove one of our shop trucks which was a 2010 Ram Sport. I shifted it into 4x4 instead of reverse.

eggman2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have gotten somewhat used to the knob shifter.
The only thing I do often is when I park i somehow forget to put it in drive before turning the truck off.
I never done that with a colum shifter.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the dial. I cannot stand the ugly column shifter sticking out.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just bought my brand new 1500
4 WD and I'm kicking myself buying it for one dumb reason: I can't stand that knob on the console for the transmission. I've already more than once got the stereo knob and tranny knob confused while driving.
I really wanted a Ram and I thought I could get used to not having a lever on the steering column like every other truck on the planet has.
Now I'm stuck with a $40,000 truck that I'm unhappy with.
Why did Dodge design it this way???

Better question. Why did you buy it?

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A basic primer on how to make "I hate (feature)" posts:

"I hate (feature)"!!

"Same here but I don't want to admit it so I feel compelled to reply that I like it"

"Me too!"

"Yeah me too, I love it!! "

"Me too it's so sick!"

RR7_905RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When I started looking I asked the sales guy if you can get this model without the dial and he said no and I said that sucks where do I sign?

Took a while to get used to it but I really like like it now however there has been a couple times when backing into my driveway I put it into park by mistake and sat there like an idiot revving my engine wondering why I am not moving. *facepalm*

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I seriously don't know why anyone would hold off on buying the truck they want because they don't like how the shifter looks...

You'll get used to it, and learn to love it! IMO looks way better

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
My trucks going on 2 years old,i still hate it,and still not used to it,like to get my hands on the idiot engineer that thought a knob was a smart idea,and not at least give you a decent set of paddle shifters to shift with,even with paddle shifters i'd still like a console shift,my .02.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
My trucks going on 2 years old,i still hate it,and still not used to it,like to get my hands on the idiot engineer that thought a knob was a smart idea,and not at least give you a decent set of paddle shifters to shift with,even with paddle shifters i'd still like a console shift,my .02.
If after 2 years you still haven't been able to figure it out...it isn't the engineers fault..lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I love column shifter's in trucks.

hate tranny's:puke:

GreenClassic

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Big Horn CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It took me about a week to get used to mine. It's different, but that doesn't mean it's bad. Refusing to buy a truck because of this just means you are missing out on a great truck for something really minor.

Hemipower95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Rotary dial= weight reduction which means faster