Hate that tranny knob

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If after 2 years you still haven't been able to figure it out...it isn't the engineers fault..lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Man you're reading abilities suck don't they,lol.Where did I say I hadn't figured it out.What's to figure out there lad,it's a rotary knob,it turns either one way or the other way,not hard to figure out,i said I wasn't used to it,and odds are you're not either,how many times have you hit Park by accident,lol

Last edited:

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I routinely drive three different vehicles, two with console shifters. So its harder for me than perhaps others. Although the rotary knob is not an issue for me, I like the extra cabin space, I find myself often reaching for the floor shift, forgetting to spin it to park, or (my favorite) spin the position too far and get park instead of reverse and sit there revving the engine. I usually don't figure that one out until I start thinking about why there is no rear camera view... :) It takes me more time and attention to work the rotary knob because I have to look at it. Where the knob has little clicks, the console shifters have more substantial indents.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I like it now. I haven't accidentally turned to park instead of drive in a long time.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
There's nothing wrong with my reading, you said you're still not used to it. What I said holds here.

If you say so:happy107: How about answering the question smarty pants,how many times have you hit Park by accident,and how many times have you ever thrown a column or console shifter into Park by accident.Apparently you have a problem with people who don't agree with you,"i don't agree with you",i personally hate the knob,and could really care less if you like it,i'm old enough I've learned everybodies entitled to their own opinion,i stated mine,so get over it.Guess we'll have to call it a draw,i don't agree with you,and apparently you don't agree with me,nuff said:naughty:

BTW my truck is one of 3 trucks that has put paddle shifters in,so I don't have to deal with the stupid little buttons at the dragstrip,they suck when you're racing the trucks,with an EcoDiesal,i'm guessing you don't race yours.

Last edited:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
If you say so:happy107: How about answering the question smarty pants,how many times have you hit Park by accident,and how many times have you ever thrown a column or console shifter into Park by accident.Apparently you have a problem with people who don't agree with you,"i don't agree with you",i personally hate the knob,and could really care less if you like it,i'm old enough I've learned everybodies entitled to their own opinion,i stated mine,so get over it.Guess we'll have to call it a draw,i don't agree with you,and apparently you don't agree with me,nuff said:naughty:
**** man take it easy! I meant it as a joke, you don't need to get so defensive..

To answer your question, I reached for the column shifter 2 times when I bought my 2014. I've never done it since.

It's all in fun man, you don't need to get so mad!

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
**** man take it easy! I meant it as a joke, you don't need to get so defensive..

To answer your question, I reached for the column shifter 2 times when I bought my 2014. I've never done it since.

It's all in fun man, you don't need to get so mad!

Mad??,mad wasn't part of the equation,just giving you my opinion which seemed you didn't like,as you're the guy who started quoting posts,:favorites13:

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Mad??,mad wasn't part of the equation,just giving you my opinion which seemed you didn't like,as you're the guy who started quoting posts,:favorites13:
I don't care about your opinion,it doesn't matter to me if you like it or not. I was just making a joke, then you starter attacking me..lol

I guess sorry I made the joke

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If after 2 years you still haven't been able to figure it out...it isn't the engineers fault..lol

You call this a joke,i call it an insult,you're idea of a joke is a bit twisted then.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Whatever dude

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I really just don't understand how someone can be so uncoordinated and numb that they use the wrong knob...

First of all, they're at least six inches apart. How do you not realize your hand is six inches to the side of where it should be?
Secondly, the knobs aren't the same size or texture. How can you not feel that?
Third, I get that the first couple times you use it that it might be a little weird, but it doesn't take that long to make it a habit. Are people really this unable to adapt?

Also, there's this nifty little thing called the space bar. You should try hitting it after commas and periods.

Last edited:

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A rotary knob shifter is something I'd expect to find on that car the Griswold's rented in the newest Vacation movie

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you're referring to me shep, you're another one who needs to learn to read a little better.Who said anything about the radio knob? Nowhere did I say anything about 2 knobs and turning the wrong one. I'm only talking about the shifter knob,and how I personally don't like it . There's lots of complaints from people who've hit park by accident when shifting the knob to reverse . And with that i'm done dealing with guys who don't have the ability to read properly.I might not use the space bar like you want shep,(suck it up young feller), but I sure as hell can read what's been wrote, especially here after I posted "my opinion" ,which seems to have twisted a couple guys panties into a knot. Catch you pair on the flipside, i'm done arguing with you pair of clowns:roflsquared:

Last edited:

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The way some of you get so wrapped up and defensive about "luxury" feeling interiors I'm starting to wonder why y'all don't just go buy an Audi. They can carry shopping bags full of yoga pants and scented bath candles just as well as a truck. On the other hand, it's refreshing to see more girls on the forums. Just kidding. Country girls are tougher than you are.
No stop, I really am joking! Don't scratch me or pull my hair please!

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I dont like or dislike the knob but yesterday i was going about 40mph and went to turn the air down and put it in reverse. ive had mine for 9 months and thats the first time ive done that. The only reason i would prefer the lever is it would be easier to hit the shift buttons .i dont like the shift buttons on the steering wheel. Ive turned the radio knob a couple times too

tuned by JAY GREENE

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The way some of you get so wrapped up and defensive about "luxury" feeling interiors I'm starting to wonder why y'all don't just go buy an Audi. They can carry shopping bags full of yoga pants and scented bath candles just as well as a truck. On the other hand, it's refreshing to see more girls on the forums. Just kidding. Country girls are tougher than you are.

LMAO,now that's funny,touche roadshow,i damn near fell off the chair laughing:favorites13:

Paluby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I dont like or dislike the knob but yesterday i was going about 40mph and went to turn the air down and put it in reverse.

tuned by JAY GREENE

What happened next????

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
It'll flash a message on the dash telling you, your speed is to high to shift into reverse,and that's about it.It won't try to shift into reverse at speed,so if you do it by accident it won't hurt anything.I tried it on purpose once just to see what would happen.

shane1981

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It just flashed at me saying hey ******* then went back in drive

tuned by JAY GREENE

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Respectfully i will say this,

In a way i do agree with you..... Its a truck. But the ONE reason that the guys you are call "girls" are entitled to nice interior in their turck is because they COST AS MUCH as an Audi now days. My TRADESMAN msrp'ed at over $45,000. Thats insane IMO. So if somone pays as much as they do for a da&$ pick up truck, they have every right to ask for the "luxury" you speak of.

And complain about knobs vs column shifters.

But in the end, yes... Its still a truck.

:favorites13: