Heated Clazzio Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Hi Everyone,
I have a quick question about seat heater performance with the Clazzio covers. Wondering if the foam cuts down on the heat substantially. The heaters in my 02 Monte SS work very well (can be butt scorching on high) but by contrast my Challenger and wife's Dart are "OK" but they take some time to work.

Anyway, I like the cloth seats of the Tradesman but I worry about griming them up when using my truck as a truck. Funny how it didn't bother me with my '01.

Thanks for any feedback.

EDIT> I noticed SPELL CHECK messed up my title -- very annoying... might be fixed

Last edited:

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi Everyone,

I have a quick question about seat heater performance with the Clazzio covers. Wondering if the foam cuts down on the heat substantially. The heaters in my 02 Monte SS work very well (can be butt scorching on high) but by contrast my Challenger and wife's Dart are "OK" but they take some time to work.

Anyway, I like the cloth seats of the Tradesman but I worry about griming them up when using my truck as a truck. Funny how it didn't bother me with my '01.

Thanks for any feedback.

EDIT> I noticed SPELL CHECK messed up my title -- very annoying... might be fixed

Heated seats work just fine with the seat covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
clifford15

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Thanks sbarron. I just got a set of Mopar minivan seat heaters (CEFSD431) for a great price. Next step is to get covers and Clazzio looks like a decent choice. I thought I was done with mods... yeah right...

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks sbarron. I just got a set of Mopar minivan seat heaters (CEFSD431) for a great price. Next step is to get covers and Clazzio looks like a decent choice. I thought I was done with mods... yeah right...

"Done with mods"? What is this you speak of?

"Done with mods" is like Bigfoot. Or a unicorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
clifford15

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Tell me about it... My 5.0 is just fine but the 8.4 is making an itch. Seats first though.

OP
OP
clifford15

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Receiving my old post from October. I purchased a set of dark gray Clazzio seat covers during the Black Friday sale. I also got a couple of used switches for the seat heaters purchased earlier. The switches are kind of clunky so I designed a circuit that would replicate the factory switches. There is some sort of logic circuit in the heater control boxes that controls the low and high heat with 2 wires. Going to lay everything out and test run them with my motorcycle battery.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Mind sharing how you got the aftermarket heated seat kit to wire up and work with the stock heated seat switches? All the aftermarket switches I've come across look like **** compared to the oem switches.

I ordered myself a set of Clazzio Dark Gray Body, Black Leather Insert, Red Stitching Seat Covers during their Black Friday sale aswell. I'm going to order a set of universal heated seats off ebay once my seat covers are a little closers to delivery (12-14 weeks :-( ).

OP
OP
clifford15

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Mind sharing how you got the aftermarket heated seat kit to wire up and work with the stock heated seat switches? All the aftermarket switches I've come across look like **** compared to the oem switches.

I ordered myself a set of Clazzio Dark Gray Body, Black Leather Insert, Red Stitching Seat Covers during their Black Friday sale aswell. I'm going to order a set of universal heated seats off ebay once my seat covers are a little closers to delivery (12-14 weeks :-( ).

I will have more details later but what I have so far is the recall kit for the early ('99-'00) Voyager type minivan. It comes with everything except switches. Of course, as I discovered, the control is not a simple 3 wire arrangement. So I purchased used switches from eBay that came from a 2000 Grand Caravan. I plugged one of the switches to the harness that came in the kit, wired the + and - to my motorcycle battery and flipped the switch. The panels all heated up and some rough numbers from my Infrared temp reader low was about 90F and high was about 120F. The surface of the heat panels are shiny so that could affect the readings.
In any event, as I mentioned previously, the factory Grand Caravan switches are a bit clunky and not easy to mount. They are also not available from anywhere except used. I am currently looking at wiring up a set of round seat heater switches I got from Amazon. In order to properly control the factory recall controller 2 resistors and 2 diodes are required. My original idea was to use a couple of relays but the diodes will be much cleaner. I will test out the first switch tonight or tomorrow.
More details to follow once I confirm operation.
On another note, my Clazzio kit arrived this morning so at least that part is checked off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye