Heated Seats...Finally!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Anyone wanting heated seats.......get them! The MOPAR kit was plug and play, and only took me 4 hours from start to finish (with 2 beers inbetween).

Started at 11, done by 3. That's with cleanup and tooling put away and everything. Then watched the eskimos get their ass handed to them :(

The seats come out of the truck easily, the seat covers peel off easy enough, pads slide right in (adhesive backed), covers slide back on (hog rings to hold on), and the wiring only took me all of 5 minutes!

Now, I was nervous cutting the center console for the switches, but it turned out well. Switch placement looks even on both sides and mounted somewhat stock-ish looking.

The MOPAR kit has 3 heat settings, lo med hi. Lo is rather low, and 3 is rather warm. So there ya have it!

Id post pics but my phone camera went for a swim and hasn't worked for like 6 months.

Anyone that wants heated seats don't let the install stop ya!

(didn't even need instructions!!)

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That's awesome! Congrats on the install going smoothy. I find that a couple beers always help when working on the truck :favorites13:

I was reminded the other day of how cold it is wearing jeans in the winter, that mod might not be a bad idea. espiecally since everyone keeps saying how bad this winter is gonna be.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Nice!!! Do you have a link to the kit you used? And if you can get a pic of your switches I'd really lie to see where you mounted them... I am really thinking of adding them to my truck.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Same here, pretty positive wife is getting clazzio covers and oem seat warmer would be pretty sweet with them.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I've done every previous vehicle, but kept putting it off on my 10' Ram in favor of go-fast mods for some stupid reason :crazy:
Same reason I never got around to dealing with my crappy stock lighting issues until recently I guess.

So, Now I have a new Mod to add!!!! Thanks for the reminder,
What did the stealer charge you for the kit? got a part#?

This the one?

http://www.mopar.com/part/82212697

Last edited:

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Anyone wanting heated seats.......get them! The MOPAR kit was plug and play, and only took me 4 hours from start to finish (with 2 beers inbetween).

Started at 11, done by 3. That's with cleanup and tooling put away and everything. Then watched the eskimos get their ass handed to them :(

The seats come out of the truck easily, the seat covers peel off easy enough, pads slide right in (adhesive backed), covers slide back on (hog rings to hold on), and the wiring only took me all of 5 minutes!

Now, I was nervous cutting the center console for the switches, but it turned out well. Switch placement looks even on both sides and mounted somewhat stock-ish looking.

The MOPAR kit has 3 heat settings, lo med hi. Lo is rather low, and 3 is rather warm. So there ya have it!

Id post pics but my phone camera went for a swim and hasn't worked for like 6 months.

Anyone that wants heated seats don't let the install stop ya!

(didn't even need instructions!!)

I wonder if they changed the seats from 11 to 14? When I went to install my seat heater this past weekend I wasn't able to peel the covers off because they were fastened in multiple places underneath to a lattice of spring metal rods that give the seat it's tucked style.

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I wonder if they changed the seats from 11 to 14? When I went to install my seat heater this past weekend I wasn't able to peel the covers off because they were fastened in multiple places underneath to a lattice of spring metal rods that give the seat it's tucked style.

I think you may need Hog Clips (and pliers) on some seats.
Recommended on the DIY Katzkin kits

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Aren't there air bags in the 13-14 models? maybe why it isn't so easy to do.

OP
OP
P

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Heated Seats - 82212697 | Mopar

That seems like the kit, I dunno for sure. I got mine on Amazon for $270 ??

I did everything up just like the one guy that posted his install on this forum, same switch location and everything. It seemed natural to place them there, and it looks fine. Maybe lower on the SIDE of the center console would have worked too, then you wouldnt have the 6 bright red LEDs lighting up the cab (its not very annoying anyways).

The CLIPS holding the seat cover on are tied into a string system in the seat foam. And yes, the HOG RINGS are whats used to hold then nice and tight to the cushion. It really is SUPER EASY using the hog ring pliers (I bought a set of 45 degree pliers at princess auto for 7 bucks I think). Just snip the original rings off and peel the cover back. Install pad wherever you want (closer to back, then you don't feel wiring) and re-hog it.

Ill snap some pics tonight for everyone to see how awesome I am haha. So they can see the buttons and switches used in the MOPAR kit, which I happen to like the deisgn of. Id PREFER factory mounted switches but I read somewhere there hard to find, it takes the dealer to add options to your ECM for comfort on features and whatnot. It would be more $ and likely a hassle. And this MOPAR kit works awesome anyways and looks rather stock-ish. Really, this MOPAR kit CANT get any simpler.

EDIT: http://dodgeforum.com/forum/4th-gen-ram-tech/275794-heated-seats-installed.html

Switches look like this, and in roughly same spot!!!!!!!!!!!

And this is the manual that comes with the install. Its on CD. I don't own anything that plays CD's anymore so it was useless. But not needed anyway unless you cant put together a 3 piece jig saw puzzle.
http://starparts.chrysler.com/info/default/k6860447.pdf

Ill NEVER have another vehicle without heated seats. Perhaps Ill think about the heated 13+ steering wheel....but that seems far more complicated to make work.

Last edited:

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I think It's Part# 82210896AB (Amazon)
but cheapest is $335 on Amazon.ca
http://www.amazon.ca/Genuine-Dodge-Accessories-82210896AB-Heated/dp/B002HS6FKW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1416933201&sr=8-1&keywords=dodge+ram+heated+seat+kit

heatedseat_zps75c801f9.jpg

The bright red LED's lighting up the Cab is a non issue for me
My Triple A pillar Pod AutoMeter Gauges (all Red) already do that lol

IMG-20141122-01726_zpsb8548d23.jpg

bright little buggers
gauge7_zps3f421aaa.jpg

I will need to find an alternate location for the switches though,
the material on my carbon fiber dash kit is quite thick

042.jpg

and the drivers side is where I mount my Trinity

Hurst009.jpg

I may just go all out and order a full Katzkin Leather with heater option

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was hesitant about KATZSKIN leathers, but after messing around with my seats I kinda wanna take the plunge since theyre so easy to work with.

But I use some seat covers to keep the seats clean, but they interfere with my newly warmed ass, so I may toss those and if the seats wear / dirty up / tear...ill just toss some skinz on.

And I do like that Carbon fibre look too....though I don't wanna buy one and have to cut it too! But a lower switch mount point would certainly work, and theres more than one option!

BLACKRAMHEMI
I thought I paid 270 for the things...but maybe not! I received my credit bill the other day and totaled $364!! With conversion and shipping and whatnot. So youre above price is probably pretty proper.

Last edited:

BlackRamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I was hesitant about KATZSKIN leathers, but after messing around with my seats I kinda wanna take the plunge since theyre so easy to work with.

But I use some seat covers to keep the seats clean, but they interfere with my newly warmed ass, so I may toss those and if the seats wear / dirty up / tear...ill just toss some skinz on.

And I do like that Carbon fibre look too....though I don't wanna buy one and have to cut it too! But a lower switch mount point would certainly work, and theres more than one option!

The Canuck Distributor for Katzkin has seat heaters on for $147/pair right now.
I think I may just go that route since my 4.5 y/o seats could use a nice leather upgrade too.

Premium Leather Interiors | Canada Seat Skins

I did the two tone Katzkin Leather/Heat in my 08' Wrangler Unlimited
and was very pleased with the results.

Well that should take care of my $1k Christmas bonus LOL!

Thinking Dark Graphite/Barracuda Flint insert,
and maybe an embroidered Viper Logo (for my Black Mamba theme) in the upper seat back

Katzkin_zps8b6be8f9.jpg

badges2.jpg

===================================================

Pic's from shortly after I did my Dash Kit 4 years ago... combo of Piano Black and Carbon Fiber

DashKit024.jpg

DashKit033.jpg

BlackRamHemi035.jpg

because stock sucks..

INT06.jpg

INT01.jpg

TNT005.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im liking that shiny glove box door....and I don't know why. But if I likes that, then I have the have all the other bits too!1

Dammnit BRH...

Like I don't waste enough money on everything. I looked and haven't found anything like that yet....Id like a carbon fibre interior now. (after 2 years of saying I don't need it! lol)