heater blows cold air

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
OK finally got around to getting some proof. I went to the outdoor show in PA last weekend and 3 other RAM owners were yelling at me for having the A/C on. I borrowed my brother's laser temp gun and caught some proof today. I had the auto temp set to 70 from the moment I left my office. I checked the front vent several times during the ride, hovering right around 68-70. 35 minutes into the commute (same as always), I start feeling the cold air. I got video of the situation 40 mins after leaving my office, cold air blowing from the vent measuring in the low 50s. Hopefully the video comes through clear.

Link will work best - https://goo.gl/photos/ksrTunCpMWSWiZB47

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP

1 Ram Guy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 4X4 Big Horn Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the great video "ss12108". That is exactly what I told my service rep at the local dealership and he tells me that is normal- that's the way it's supposed to work. BS I told him I've had 3 other brand vehicles with the auto-temp control and none of them did this.

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
Thanks for the great video "ss12108". That is exactly what I told my service rep at the local dealership and he tells me that is normal- that's the way it's supposed to work. BS I told him I've had 3 other brand vehicles with the auto-temp control and none of them did this.
It's definitely not supposed to blow 51* air when it's set to 70* haha...I can't wait to have the same argument!

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I got another video with a few different settings on the climate control. Basically, once the cold air starts coming in while it's on auto, the only way to get warm air is to turn off auto, and close the fresh air vents. Unfortunately even that is a problem because eventually the fresh air vents open back up automatically.

Let me know if you end up showing these videos to the dealer and if it works. I have to wait because I don't feel like taking my hemifever tune off the truck haha...Here is the new video - https://goo.gl/photos/pHgUhUJXrN2pHVqK9

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
So I'm reviving an old thread because I FINALLY got someone to do something about my ATC issue described above. Here's the work that was done with the part number of what was replaced. 3rd time I've brought it in and it took 2 days for them to finally say they found an issue, but they did SOMETHING this time at least. I'll post back after driving it for a few days and confirm its fixed.

Less than 200 miles before my max care warranty is up so when the first day they told me they couldn't find anything I told them, "Keep it until you find something. I'll pick it up when it's fixed." Haha447108299fabbbb46f522d8651e4b637.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

fleetXIII

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm reviving an old thread because I FINALLY got someone to do something about my ATC issue described above. Here's the work that was done with the part number of what was replaced. 3rd time I've brought it in and it took 2 days for them to finally say they found an issue, but they did SOMETHING this time at least. I'll post back after driving it for a few days and confirm its fixed.

Less than 200 miles before my max care warranty is up so when the first day they told me they couldn't find anything I told them, "Keep it until you find something. I'll pick it up when it's fixed." HahaView attachment 439300

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I was following your problem with cold air during winter or cold weather.
I also, have same problem with my 2016 1500 ram.
I tried new flushed antifreeze, new thermostat, checked blend door actuators. All seems working properly.
Did you ever get your problem solved?
Please help.
[email protected]
Thanks

ss12108

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
I was following your problem with cold air during winter or cold weather.
I also, have same problem with my 2016 1500 ram.
I tried new flushed antifreeze, new thermostat, checked blend door actuators. All seems working properly.
Did you ever get your problem solved?
Please help.
[email protected]
Thanks
Hey sorry just saw this haven’t been on here in a while. I honestly can’t remember if the issue persisted. I traded the truck in for a TRX August 2021 and I can’t remember if that next winter it gave me an issue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01