Hidden interior camera??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So a guy I work with has a 2013? Laramie longhorn. All the bells and whistles. Limo tint on all windows with exception of windshield obviously. He said he got hacked by someone through uconnect/Bluetooth and this person was able to see him driving his truck. The person described everything he was wearing. Pants included. (He originally thought someone was close by and was using Bluetooth and could physically see him. That's why he mentioned pants).
He said there is a camera mounted in the overhead console that is used when an accident occurs.
I looked at my express and there is a pencil sized spot that looks like it could be a camera.
What are people's thoughts? Any one have experience? Knowledge?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

axemann030773

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Creepy. Definitely going to check out my 2014 express on the morrow. I will be posting back. Count on it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
There isn't a hidden camera. The hole you're referring to is for an LED light.

There are photo sensors behind the rear view mirror and in the black assembly under the rear view mirror.

They're for the rain sensitive wipers and auto high beams.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

axemann030773

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Roger on the LED as well as the photo sensors. Might be possible tho with the facial recognition stuff etc that they put in the highend phones and stuff? My son just did his upgrade on his phone and the camera for the facial blah blah is actually in the screen tis kinda creepy no?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This sounds like the guy you work with is full of it...but I've never heard of or investigating this

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There is no camera

OP
OP
F

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's below the LED ambient light. I will try to snap a photo tomorrow

UneasyJmitchell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think some of the thing in the vehicles are sensors for temperatures also, dunno. No cameras...............I wouldnt think. Big brother can definately hear us through our cell phones, on or off, and with all the computer stuff in trucks I wouldnt doubt they can hear us, but see us, dunno, but I do know the Xbox One has a camera (Kinect) thats always on and connected online.

OP
OP
F

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Lol. No he does not look like that but I don't know him in his off time!! Lol.
Here is where I am talking about. The spot is centered in the pic. You can see the 2 map lights then a small bright dot for the ambient light and then there is the spot we were thinking was a camera. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401202236.944962.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401202256.507493.jpg

Randon User

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've had that console apart several times, there is no camera in it.

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Lol. No he does not look like that but I don't know him in his off time!! Lol.
Here is where I am talking about. The spot is centered in the pic. You can see the 2 map lights then a small bright dot for the ambient light and then there is the spot we were thinking was a camera. View attachment 29318View attachment 29319

That spot doesn't even have a line of site to the driver. It's also a solid piece of plastic.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
That's a high definition wide angle pinhead camera with GPS signal capability; it can be used to locate the vehicle and photograph the driver in the even of theft or in a collision as allows the dispatcher to visually check on you if you are not able to respond via the bluetooth mic. This is all found on page 51-50 of the user manual, geez everybody, RTFM!

jeepguy_1980

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
That's a high definition wide angle pinhead camera with GPS signal capability; it can be used to locate the vehicle and photograph the driver in the even of theft or in a collision as allows the dispatcher to visually check on you if you are not able to respond via the bluetooth mic. This is all found on page 51-50 of the user manual, geez everybody, RTFM!

Read and I didn't see it in the 2013 or 2014 manual.

I've also physically examined the console, it's absolutely a solid piece of plastic.

Also, the uconnect mic is hard wired, not bluetooth. So, I'm not even sure what manual you're reading.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Lol, 51-50 is the code for a person in danger to themselves/others that requires a mandatory psychiatric hold, read into that as you see fit, but the tinfoil hats have a place in my statement.:signs8:

A conspiracy must have enough potential truth for people to believe it... and I'm known as a **** disturber by most people.

Last edited: