Hidden interior camera??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Ignore the Kommissar behind the headliner. He is only a figment of your imagination. There is no one observing yo Comrade--its all your imagination. :fca5278d:

Rotzilla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Damn if I had that starring at me I would have to do something vile and improper just to see if it showed up on the interweb. Where's the ole lady.:hump:

Informal

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have now secured everything that even remotely looks like it could contain a camera.
I forgot to do a walk-thru as I was applying the lead tape though... dammit.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Talk about a funny thread haha

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

bskl76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 liter Hemi
Hey rf members, it's a infared temp control sensor. I was told this by Benny Robles from our vendor at allmoparparts when I upgraded my upper map lights.

axemann030773

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Right but its so funny thinking and posting *****;)

5.7 liter hemi,intune dcx i-1000 w/hemi fever update

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was laughing uncontrollably until I saw the picture of a camera in the 200 rental.

OP
OP
F

firebuff17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This thread took a direction I was not thinking it would go. Sure is funny checking in and reading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

huff2462

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yup...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1401553075865.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1401553075865.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 257

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
This thread took a direction I was not thinking it would go. Sure is funny checking in and reading it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really? This thread went exactely where I thought it'd go... and more importantly, where THEY wanted it to go.

Blackrhino32

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know we are joking on the paranoia of "Big Brother is Watching" (that was some funny stuff).

I am still not sure what to make of the EDR, although not equipped with a camera it is recording more detailed information.

From the 2014 Ram 1500 manual page 88:

Event Data Recorder (EDR)

This vehicle is equipped with an event data recorder (EDR). The main purpose of an EDR is to record, in certain crash or near crash-like situations, such as an air bag deployment or hitting a road obstacle, data that will assist in understanding how a vehicle’s systems performed. The EDR is designed to record data related to vehicle dynamics and safety systems for a short period of time, typically 30 seconds or less. The EDR in this vehicle is designed to record such data as:
• How various systems in your vehicle were operating;
• Whether or not the driver and passenger safety belts were buckled/fastened;
• How far (if at all) the driver was depressing the accelerator and/or brake pedal; and,
• How fast the vehicle was traveling.

These data can help provide a better understanding of the circumstances in which crashes and injuries occur.

NOTE: EDR data are recorded by your vehicle only if a non-trivial crash situation occurs; no data are recorded by the EDR under normal driving conditions and no personal data (e.g., name, gender, age, and crash location) are recorded. However, other parties, such as law enforcement, could combine the EDR data with the type of
personally identifying data routinely acquired during a crash investigation.
To read data recorded by an EDR, special equipment is required, and access to the vehicle or the EDR is needed. In addition to the vehicle manufacturer, other parties, such as law enforcement, that have the special equipment, can read the information if they have access to the vehicle or the EDR.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Farley was trying to describe how much data Ford has on its customers, and illustrate the fact that the company uses very little of it in order to avoid raising privacy concerns: "We know everyone who breaks the law, we know when you're doing it. We have GPS in your car, so we know what you're doing. By the way, we don't supply that data to anyone," he told attendees.

Ford Exec: 'We Know Everyone Who Breaks The Law' Thanks To Our GPS In Your Car - Business Insider

Dont worry, theyre definatly tracking us 24/7 and when johnny law wants to know what you are doing and where you are doing all they have to do is look on the internet.
Makes me want to not ever get a new vehicle...