Homemade Lizard Skin

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Has anyone done this for sound deadening or heat insulation? I have been looking into Lizard Skin for a while now, trying to talk myself into paying so much for it (it is pretty expensive). Well, earlier i googled it again and found some stuff on homemade lizard skin. ALOT cheaper. Just curious if anyone has done this on their trucks and if it worked good? I want to try it under cab around the in floor bins because they get really hot and I keep my headphones for the DVD player, etc in em.

Last edited:

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look at Dynomat sound deadening also. It just comes it big sheets, and it fairly cheap from what I remember.

OP
OP
HLram

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
yeah, I like dynamat, but I wanted something thin so if I decide to put it on the inside of the removable part of the floor bins ya know. thanks

PCA4208

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can always get that stuff they put under wood floors. That stuff is really thin. Then find a way to combine that with some of that aluminum tape somehow. Would be sound and heat resistant.

OP
OP
HLram

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
yeah i used some of that on floors in our kitchen. You're right it is thin. I didn't think about that. I may have some left over so it would be free! I will see if it's thin enough. Thanks for your replies guys.

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
really wanted to do lizard skin myself, for sound reasons. insulation on the 2nd
gens is non existent. but I also found it to be expensive..gonna have to look into this "homemade" stuff..

Tapatalk Addict

OP
OP
HLram

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I read about it on a hot rod type forum. Corvette forum. and ford forum. Its all over those. They said it was like 10-50 dollars a gallon depending on what u do it with. Alot cheaper than lizard skin. Just google it and u will find all kinds of stuff about it. No one has tried it on here I guess.