How do you take this apart???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know how the centre armrest/fold down seat back comers apart. I want to access the switched power from the 12v cigarette lighter and underside of the cup holders.

3e036171195ab854cfcd8f67f50001ea_zps20c90da8.jpg

VegasDragger45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The plastic around the cup holders just lifts up. It's held in with clips. After that you'll see everything you need. Just pull up on the plastic

OP
OP
Pigeonman

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Why not just tap into the wires under your seat that go to the outlet?

I'm looking at some custom illuminated cup holder inserts. Need to access the wiring from underneath and put a couple small holes in the cup holders to run the wiring through.

The plastic around the cup holders just lifts up. It's held in with clips. After that you'll see everything you need. Just pull up on the plastic

I was hoping it would be something as simple as that but didn't dare..... Thanks I'll give that a shot.

Last edited:

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
By just taking the plastic off where the cup holders are at will not get you to the wiring, I took it off and could not get my fingers in there. I was trying to take the media hub that's in there out.

robbob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just changed the upholstery on my center console just like that one. In order to get to the wiring you have to remove the fabric, it pulls out of the channel that goes around the lid and pull the cup holder off as well, then you can access all the wiring from under the foam.

OP
OP
Pigeonman

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just changed the upholstery on my center console just like that one. In order to get to the wiring you have to remove the fabric, it pulls out of the channel that goes around the lid and pull the cup holder off as well, then you can access all the wiring from under the foam.

Thanks! Been checking out YouTube vids on changing out upholstery this evening and figured that might be what has to be done.