Hump in passenger floor board!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigskyguy81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi All,

Took a 2014 1500 SLT Quad Cab Big Horn for a test drive yesterday and loved everything about it....the wife not so much. There is a hump in floor board on the passenger side. She is thinking it will be a problem especially on long trips. Does anyone have any experience with this, perhaps a wife that thought it was going to be an issue but it was not. Help please, I don't want this to keep me from my new Dodge Ram!!!!

swanny297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Either she is imagining things or there is some kind of damage from underneath - shouldn't be any "humps" in the floor board in the foot wells

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
The hump is for the Power take off on the HD trucks I believe, Ram shares cabs so it is in the 1500 as well. I noticed it when I bought the truck but I have not had anyone complain yet.

swanny297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The hump is for the Power take off on the HD trucks I believe, Ram shares cabs so it is in the 1500 as well. I noticed it when I bought the truck but I have not had anyone complain yet.

Didn't know that interesting - never mind my guess than..

BoldAdventure

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Crew Cab... just saying.

:) I never noticed a hump, and my wife is pregnant and liked the Ram interior more than the Ford & Silverado. Eventually we'll be driving ours almost every other day all over America in a couple more months, so I think that the room and comfort is perfect in these trucks.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All,

Took a 2014 1500 SLT Quad Cab Big Horn for a test drive yesterday and loved everything about it....the wife not so much. There is a hump in floor board on the passenger side. She is thinking it will be a problem especially on long trips. Does anyone have any experience with this, perhaps a wife that thought it was going to be an issue but it was not. Help please, I don't want this to keep me from my new Dodge Ram!!!!

When you say hump are you talking about the intrusion on the left side of the passenger floor area? That is normal. I've ridden as a passenger for several hours and while foot room is diminished by it I still was comfortable.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Taken my Ram 5 times cross country and my wife never had a problem with it. She has a bad back and it can bother her legs when sitting for long periods of time.

She has plenty of room for stretching or whatever she wants to do and never complains about problems. This is the first vehicle we have owned where she is completely comfortable for hours on end. She now takes more bathroom breaks than stretching breaks.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bigskyguy81

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the replies, great information and some humorous ones as well. She is saying it will be OK. Thank God, keeps me away from the Ford F-150.

Ramzaq

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 CC 4X4 3.55 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Big Boi just jogged my memory, have a picture of the floor pan. The slight bulge under the vent duct.

000_0031_zps862b07b5.jpg