I want a heated steering wheel!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

N1ck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The never ending process of making my stx more 'luxury' continues. Next up is the factory 8.4 NAV and a heated steering wheel with audio controls to work with my 3.0 bezel.

Now what years and trims have the heated wheel with audio controls? Has anyone swapped wheels, did the airbag light come or need to be flashed?

Thanks!

hunter99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've done it on a 2013 R/T. It wasn't that hard but it is exsensive. If you do not have the harness already I would think it is nearly impossible to do. You can easily find this out by popping the top of the steering column off and looking for a wire with a blue plug closest to the center of the cab. It will be plugged into a dummy plug on the rear of the clock spring. If it's there then you are set.

You will then need the wheel rim, clock spring, internal steering wheel harness, and switches for the dash.

You take you existing steering wheel off, remove the plastic pieces from the front and rear and then remove the internal harness. You then replace the harness with the one you bought as it will have plugs for the heated rim. Put everything back together and then replace the clock spring. The turn signal stalk is just a module that plugs in. Now re-install the steering wheel and then add the switches. After that it should work. If you have the 8.4 you can have it flashed to give the option of being able to come on when remote starting below a certain temp outside.