Instrument cluster LED's? Where are they??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedK1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking into changing my dash instrument cluster and climate control lighting with something with color. Can't find anything, or i should say I gave up looking, for a 2012 Big Horn. Suggestions?

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
The led's are soldered to the circuit boards & technically not serviceable. Doing the swap will require de soldering, figuring out the positive & negative of the circuit boards, & carefully soldering in without getting sloppy. I've taken apart a window switch & rotary shifter so far, they are very small (about 3-5mm including the base). I'm in the middle of figuring out what sizes are needed for all switches for a full red swap.

VicViper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow...these newer vehicles are just untouchable to your average joe

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
The led's are soldered to the circuit boards & technically not serviceable. Doing the swap will require de soldering, figuring out the positive & negative of the circuit boards, & carefully soldering in without getting sloppy. I've taken apart a window switch & rotary shifter so far, they are very small (about 3-5mm including the base). I'm in the middle of figuring out what sizes are needed for all switches for a full red swap.
I had some success just tinting the button itself with red Lamin-X from the underside.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk