Interior chrome accents SUCK - who has changed it out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Does anybody make covers or replacements on the interior chrome trim on a 2017 Laramie? Or, has anybody done anything with it?

The cubby hole trim in the center console and the chrome trim around the center a/c vents is what I want to change out.

I don't think a "sticker" would work in this Florida hot sun. I'm thinking about taping it off and "plastic dip" it.

I'd like hear from who has actually done something about it.

Thanks!

Last edited:

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Some of the guys on here have done those pieces with a carbon fiber look vinyl wrap and they looked really good. Don't do yourself a disservice by dismissing a good wrap (3m, avery, oracal) as a sticker. If I can find the thread or pics I'll post back.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd like to remove and paint the chrome ring around the console/cup holder/cubby opening. I hate having the reflection blind me on sunny days.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm considering doing the same pieces that are annoying the O.P. . I'm also thinking about doing the instrument cluster surround and possibly the steering column cover and the steering wheel. The steering wheel disassembly sounds like a ***** though.

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, it appears the center console trim ring is not removable unless I want to break the plastic welds and use a small screw or bolt with washer to re-attach it.

I may just have to scuff it up and paint it in place.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
As you will see in the link provided above I vinyl wrapped mine

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well, it appears the center console trim ring is not removable unless I want to break the plastic welds and use a small screw or bolt with washer to re-attach it.

I may just have to scuff it up and paint it in place.

If we're talking about the center console on the floor, the one on my '14 Sport popped right off. I used a credit card to slide under the ring. No problem putting it back on either.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
If we're talking about the center console on the floor, the one on my '14 Sport popped right off. I used a credit card to slide under the ring. No problem putting it back on either.

The center console changed in I believe 2015.

TruckNut

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I popped my chrome ring off the center console on my '15 and plastic dipped it in black. No more blinding reflections and the paint over has held up very well.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
An idea to look into, the interior trim of an Outdoorsman is a matte silver and not the blinding chrome.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Ok then it was 2016 they changed it lol. It does NOT pop off on the 2016 and up

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is good information. I am getting rid of my Rebel soon and I do like the red inside trim it has. I was thinking about purchasing new red Rebel trim to put in the new Sport, but I do like the wrapped idea.
What was involved in removing the trim, except the center console?
Thanks

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
The side vents pop out then you just have to look on the back to see how to remove the trim ring. The chrome ring around the radio also does not pop off its on there with plastic welds. I took as much apart as I could and just wrapped the chrome ring on the radio bezel

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I say break the weld and paint it. Weld it back in. Or buy little clip screws and screw the trim back on.

Attachments

• IMG_2116.jpg
    IMG_2116.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 121

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I want to swap out my boring flat Big Horn accents for chrome.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum. I want to swap out my boring flat Big Horn accents for chrome.

when the sun reflects in your eyes you might think twice lol

gypsy400

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know if the fold down center seat console can be disassembled?? Its The only chrome in the whole interior and it drives me friggin nuts!!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

UrbanKnight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know if the fold down center seat console can be disassembled?? Its The only chrome in the whole interior and it drives me friggin nuts!!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

two pieces of electrical tape are your best friend....

Luau_Pig

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've added a few chrome accents including chrome windshield wipers. Hasn't bothered me one bit even when it does reflect at me a little. My fiancée has chrome interior trim in her Journey and I've had no issues with it either. I think most people are just anti chrome right now. I like my Ram to have that Denali appeal even if its just a cheap Big Horn.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963