Interior noises

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014QCSB Tradesmen, and I've noticed if I sit in the truck when it's off without the key in the ignition, it makes a weird noise. It almost sounds like a CD changer or something adjusting itself. I have no idea what it could be, and it makes me kind of uneasy knowing it makes these noises by itself. I'm sorry it's kind of hard to explain. But anybody have any thoughts?

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Sounds to me like it is the cooling fan for the computer/hard drive

OP
OP
Bird

Bird

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could be. But even though the truck is cold?

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014QCSB Tradesmen, and I've noticed if I sit in the truck when it's off without the key in the ignition, it makes a weird noise. It almost sounds like a CD changer or something adjusting itself. I have no idea what it could be, and it makes me kind of uneasy knowing it makes these noises by itself. I'm sorry it's kind of hard to explain. But anybody have any thoughts?
My 2013 does the same thing!! Truck is off, key is not in the ignition.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar

I've been swapping radios around a bit lately and I've noticed they will make some noise while the trucks are off.
I first noticed it on the 8.4 display screen radios but it is there on the 5.0 ones as well.

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Its in the heater box/blend door assemblies. Just one of them closing up, most likely the exterior fresh air door

Reactions: jlb

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
As shaftman said its the HVAC doors/actuators, when the module finally goes to sleep the actuators will move and you will hear them.

regularcab2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
Every vehicle ive ever driven does this no matter what radio it has...come to think of it the only one that made no noises was a totally base model work truck with no a/c or radio..so i guess im not much help on the source but i dont think its a problem