Interior rattle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdeere05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
You all know it a little rattle that starts off small then after awhile with every bump it gets worse to the point where youbwant to trade the truck off!!! Well im there now but refusing to do so..haha i thought it was the top dash passenger side speaker but after not being able to get to it (thought that dash piece was easier to get off) i gave up and put it back together well it went away. A day later it was back so i took the side piece off that was between the door and dash and filled it with rags for cheap insulation to troubleshoot...gone.....then a day later........blah it was back. Well driving last night my wife heard it and the started pressikg against parts and thought it may be passenger a pillar cover so i took it off the plug for the side airbag didnt seeemed fastened to securely so i re did it and packe it with rags for now too...well i will see later today when i go for a drive if i will regain my sanity

rango10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So a few months ago I thought something on the truck was also rattling. I ended up taking all my personal things out of the truck and the rattle went away. I later realized my sunglasses in the door pocket was the cause of the rattle, not the truck. I suggest trying this

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

noupf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport 6'4 Bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
i had a rattle that was coming and going. It sounded like it was coming from the front right corner of the passenger side dash. some have said it was how two peices of the windshield vents touched and rattled just behind the radio and the sound traveled up through the vent near the bottom of the windshield. Some added foam to the joints in order to fix it or just stuffed some foam in places around that area.......so i took the 8.4 radio out, added some foam, took glove box apart, found some vents, added foam......put everything back together and thought i got it. Over time it came back.....DAMN IT !!

Recently it came back and louder than ever.......It was happening mainly over bumps and more so when i turned the wheel. A google search found a ram thread where on the very bottom of the windshield on the OUTSIDE of the truck ( so its actually under the plastic shroud that covers the bottom of the windshield on the outside of the truck ) are two little plastic spacers that are installed to hold the windshield in place when its installed at the factory. Over time the glue used wears away and then the plastic tab starts to rattle and rub the bottom edge of the windshield. Sure as ****, i took the passenger side one off and the noise is gone.

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pull the radio n take a look at the vent ducts, specifically the defroster. Two pieces loosely fitted together with no insulation...

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine has the same, its coming from the headliner over the windshield. When you get driving try moving the visor shade and push up on the headliner right at the windshield.

OP
OP
jdeere05

jdeere05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Well after a nice long drive it was discovered that it was the airbag plug behind the passenger side a pillar that came loose off of its fastener

TRXHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2014 had a rattle also....drove me nuts. Turned out it was the plastic trim piece behind the rear view mirror that covers the electonic stuff. Took me about a year to figure that one out!

JerBear

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well after a nice long drive it was discovered that it was the airbag plug behind the passenger side a pillar that came loose off of its fastener

How did you fix? I have a rattle that I can't isolate. It sounds like the door or possible the column/pillar. How do you access the pillar?

Thanks bud, you may save my sanity!

chibaninxy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello all (new member here). I have a 2016 1500 Laramie and I was experiencing the rattle as well (passenger side dash/vent area). The dealers wanted to replace the A-Pillar and some garb behind it (not sure what they were after because there is a few wires for side airbags, thats all). They even told me they might take the dash apart and put foam in a million spots. Long story short, if FOUND my problem or say rattle.

On the passenger side, there's a floor vent (towards where your left foot will be) by the trans hump. My piece was basically just sitting in there and wasn't pressed into the heater box as it should have been. I took it out & it quieted down SOME, but not all. I looked at the side of the dash (panel to the right of the glovebox, area will be covered by the door when its closed). I noticed that the piece was rattle friendly AND was not placed in the groves behind. Note, I would have NEVER noticed it was misaligned unless I would have jiggled it.

I used a standard screwdriver and got up under the lower lip & followed it up along the curve of the dash (approximately halfway up where the knee area would be if you were sitting in the seat) and then removed the screw driver. Anyhow, drove it after and whoa! NOISE GONE!!! If you have questions, message me because I don't know if I'll find the thread after I make this post (not familiar with the forum). Best, Stephen:favorites13:

dano66

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2017 Sport and not long after I had it I noticed a rattle coming from around the front bottom passenger side area of the truck. I finally discovered the rattle was coming from the antenna which was not tightened down from the factory. I fixed the antenna and have been rattle free ever since.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a rattle over certain bumps on the passenger side of my interior as well. Just checked the A pillar grab handle and both 10mm bolts were finger tight. Hopefully that was my rattle.

chibaninxy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ANNNND it won't be. My A Pillar was finger tight as well and the aforementioned "suggestions" we not the fixes either. I removed the dash liner on the passenger side & jiggled the heaterbox around (at the fan). It was a match made in heaven for my sounds, now to ONLY find a way to get that from rubbing either the firewall or cables :word:

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tightened A pillar and still have my rattle. It's driving me crazy because I can't find it.

chibaninxy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
VB712- look under the dash on the passenger side. grab a hold of the air-box by the fan and give it a good jiggle. that's where my current rattle comes from & it travels through the ducts, thus making it louder. I've tried taping/foaming various locations that I thought was the culprit.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I've been getting rid of rattles with an old memory foam mattress topper. It works really well because after you compress it to put it in place it expands to fill the void but is also easily removed.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tore apart my entire interior including removing rear seats. Can't not find my rattle and it's driving me nuts.