Interior roof without headliner - Need pic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bounty79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone! Pretty new here, been lurking. Now I need some help. I am in search of a pic of the interior roof without the headliner on a 4th gen ram 1500.

I would like to do a roof/headliner ham radio install. I am a previous FJ Cruiser owner and did this and loved the results. I accomplished this with about a 9 inch wide 2x4 seated with a 65lb magnet and 2 ton epoxy. Bolt through the magnet, tiny hole through the headliner, it worked great.

I've searched with really no results. I do not have the overhead console with the map lights, and that is where I'd like to place the radio. I'm afraid once I drop the headliner I'm going to find obstacles or mounting brackets reserved for the overhead console that may interfere with my idea.

Anyone have pics of their headliner dropped or removed from a previous install, or suggestions?

Thanks
Bryan

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Best I can give you of that area c7d73ac8097ef1256c4f0ca71820098c.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bounty79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice! Thanks much, i think that's enough for me to drop the front and pursue this project.