Interior windows frosting while driving?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grimace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys, so I noticed this in a few vehicles now and im wondering. When im driving my truck and its really cold out (-20 to -30 degrees Celsius) I find my driver side interior windows really fog up and frost. Regardless of what I do with my interior heat, I find if I crack open the drivers side window it will help with the frosting. Why does it do this? Is there anything I can do to prevent this other than putting down my window? I know this may be a stupid question but Just curious

darkknight

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 V8 Hemi
Just notice this this morning on my truck. It was -6 outside today and truck was warmed up from remote start. As i hit the highway the whole truck started to mist on the inside of the windows, front side and rear windows. Defroster was on and the heat was on full blast. I ended up having to grab a little towel and wiping the windsheild a little to see what was in front of me. I opened all the windows a bit and it started to go away. Once it went away it was fine.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Here's a possibility: Check under your back seat and make sure your third brake light hasn't been dripping into the cabin.

StevoTee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I find that once you get the truck up to a comfortable temperature (can feel your nutz again), I will put it to Auto (temperature wise, 22degC) and keep it on windshield/floor setting.

If you run the heat too high, you will get frosting on the inside of the windows (people get hot and start to give off some humidity).

This works best when you have a cab full and long road trip.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any moisture (like snow on your shoes) will find its way to the windows and create a foggy frost in the extreme cold.

cpilkington1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
If you get moisture in the cab, turn your A/C button on. The A/C will first dry the air before going through the heater box. If you do this and put your vents on recirc it should help remove some moisture from the cab...and check for leaks.

ExpressRules

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As others have already said the moisture from your body will cause that condition. If you put your defroster on it will remove excess moisture just as the a/c does in warm weather.

Pigeonman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Mine does the same thing when it gets really cold. Also make sure you clear all the snow off the hood. It gets sucked into the fresh air intake once you get going good I think and ads extra humidity to the inside of the cab.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956