Killed the Silver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
One of my biggest hang ups on my truck was the interior. First it was the chrome piece around the shifter getting on my nerves, so I painted it black. Then I realized the sliver wasn't any better. So I yanked the whole interior and painted the entire center plus some trim. Just wanted to share my results.

picture.php

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Red. If that is what you like, more power to you.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Red, because that's what color my truck is. Silver didn't match anything on my truck and it was to much light under my sunglasses when driving. That chrome trim around the shifter was a horrible idea. It would just about blind you. Now I want to kill the beige on the pillars and maybe the headliner. I hear the headliner only comes out through the windshield though. I'll get some better pics soon, this was with my phone.

RamHemi5.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7 8 Speed
it's definitely different....if i somehow ended up buying that truck, id have to change it. LOL

but what matters, is what YOU like. :)

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think the Red / Black looks great! Tastefully done, not too much (doesn't look Honda'esque)

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for the compliments. I know it's not everyone's thing, but looks great on a red and black truck. Idea is exterior be mostly red with black accents and interior be mostly black with red accents. We'll see how it goes.

ncgatorram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
3.0L ECO-Diesel
Looks good ... not too gaudy and accents interior nicely. I have always considered doing something similar but in black ... to continue black out of truck to interior.

JabregoUSMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good man. I had done something like that with one of my ricers when I was younger (NOT saying that it looks ricer-ish!), and I agree that the interior color coordination isnt all that great on these trucks. I hate having 3 different colors (4 with the chrome) on the inside. I too am thinking about doing the headliner and the gray parts of the dash, doors and A/B pillars. Please post some pics up if you do decide to do that.

Joe

nick84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any chance of an exact write up on how you did it? or some pics? I have driven mine a little over a thousand miles and I'm already thinking about getting rid of that shiny trim. It doesn't look too complicated, but I'd hate to break something....you know how it is. Anyways, my truck is black, so I won't be going red, probably some kind of charcoal or pewter color but I think yours looks good. Well done!