Larger rear view mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Anyone got a source for one of these for a '14 1500 RCSB Tradesman?

I don't need a display, auto-dimming, or anything fancy. I just find the mirror a bit vertically challenged. It's hard to adjust it such that I can see both the idiots riding my bumper and the more distant traffic and stoplights behind me.

The current one measures about 10x2.5". I'd love to find one that's more like 3" or 3.5" tall. Extra width is fine, but not strictly necessary.

Any ideas? I've tried AutoAnything, JCWhitney, and just general googling with no luck.

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Anybody? I hate bumping, but this is something I really would like to do. I had a bigger rear view mirror in my '10 Golf from the factory. Seems like there should be at least one or two options somewhere.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Anybody? I hate bumping, but this is something I really would like to do. I had a bigger rear view mirror in my '10 Golf from the factory. Seems like there should be at least one or two options somewhere.

What radio do you have?
I ask because if you have one of the uConnect radios with the hands free Bluetooth phone connection the microphone is in the rear view mirror.

If you don't have the hands free system then you could just remove the factory mirror and mount a replacement to the windshield.

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
What radio do you have?
I ask because if you have one of the uConnect radios with the hands free Bluetooth phone connection the microphone is in the rear view mirror.

If you don't have the hands free system then you could just remove the factory mirror and mount a replacement to the windshield.
Nope...stripped-down Tradesman. The only Bluetooth is a little puck I added myself that plugs into the AUX jack. The mirror is just a mirror, and nothing else.

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Then you should be able to spin the mirror off the stud and replace it with one that uses the same stud.
Or get an adapter that attaches to the stud and lets you use a regular wedge style mirror.
http://www.ramforum.com/f42/2013_rear_view_mirror_removal-30346/
This thread mentions the adapter and the style of mount Ram uses.

Right, that's the problem. I can't find any bigger ones, even from generic sources. I'm looking to see if anyone has found any?

Thanks, though. Good to know it's not a weird mount.

cgeorgemo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Try to get the wedge adapter and go with whatever mirror you want. Are you having trouble finding taller mirrors?

OP
OP
darthdzl

darthdzl

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Tradesman RCSB
Engine
V6
Try to get the wedge adapter and go with whatever mirror you want. Are you having trouble finding taller mirrors?

Yes. Frankly, I'm having trouble finding ANY mirrors, other than clones of stock, 12" wide ones, and expensive ones with monitors and crap built in.

But taller is indeed what I'm looking for, and can't find.

Adapter looks interesting...don't suppose you happen to have a part number handy? :)