Leather Cracking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2012 sport crew cab and the leather on the drivers seat is starting to split, and crack. I used the 3m kit to try and repair it, but it didn't work as well as it does in the photos.

I have seen that you can buy the leather bottom for the seat, has anyone done this? And how complicated is the replacement.

ScottFL

U.S. Navy Gulf War Vet
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn 4X4
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Before replacing you should try and restore it, this guy has a few seat restorations that look incredible, here is one:

[yt]gI04exWUkKI&t[/yt]

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I need to know where to get a new leather bottom too, mine is starting to get a hole worn in it.

CrispyBacon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Leather is skin! What happens to your skin when it gets dry? :p

Before your entire seat needs replacement, start conditioning your leather.

Grant211

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Leather is skin! What happens to your skin when it gets dry? :p

Before your entire seat needs replacement, start conditioning your leather.

X2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hemi395

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I use Adams leather conditioner on my Clazzio leather seat covers and its amazing how much it softens them up. It has a sunscreen in it as well. Not exactly cheap but it definitely works well

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been. If anyone buys the replacement let me know how easy it was to replace it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the truck used. The drivers seat next to the door is already "broken". The leather cracked in several places and there's a few pieces missing. Was thinking I'd take it to an upholstery shop to get fixed. I have the heated/ventilated seats, so it probably won't be simple.

OP
OP
daveray9

daveray9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the truck used. The drivers seat next to the door is already "broken". The leather cracked in several places and there's a few pieces missing. Was thinking I'd take it to an upholstery shop to get fixed. I have the heated/ventilated seats, so it probably won't be simple.

I have the heated and cooled seats too. The video they sent me makes it look easy and the pad replacement is only 200 but I'm concerned about the tie downs on the top of the seat itself.