leather seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Curious to know for those who have leather seats, are they worth the $1500 price tag? And the convience group (auto windshield washers, auto adjusting high beams, etc) is it worth it?

Searay245se

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon Laramie
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Leather has one big plus for me being a pet owner.With leather int all I have to do is take the air gun to it and all the hair comes out,with fabric I had to blow it out then vac then pick out all the hair still stuck in the fabric.That be itself is worth it to me.Not to say that the butt coolers/warmers are pretty good to have too.

deangtp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could buy a leather seat kit from a company like leatherseats.com. You can customize it. I just bought a set for my black express. I paid 789 dollars and I bought a heated seat kit off ebay for 50 bucks. I build seats for a living though, so I maybe more inclined to tackle the project then most. It's still pretty easy.

kcbigbadram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
The only part of the convenience group I like is the push button start. The auto wipers and high beam headlights I have turned off.

saintsreturn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Longhorn
Engine
EcoDiesel
I saw yes. It cost more than 1500 to add them after market.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
heated and vented seats are worth it

Cheetah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Leather seats are nice especially if you have pets. Out of that convenience group that is the only option I prefer. Since I do not have a pet I shoes to go premium cloth with heated seats and steering wheel.

Cheetah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If I decide on adding leather I would order from Leatherseats.com or get the covers from Clazzios.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I plan on getting covers from Clazzios. I called around to some local leather shops, and I can get custom leather seats done for about $1000... still less than the factory option. You may call around and see what the price is to have them recovered in leather.

Also, you can go with the cloth interior, then if you decide you wan leather, take it back to the dealer and they will do it, too. We were going to go with that option, but have decided the cloth seats aren't all that bad and we'll stick with it until I decide to get the covers.

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Curious to know for those who have leather seats, are they worth the $1500 price tag? And the convience group (auto windshield washers, auto adjusting high beams, etc) is it worth it?

I really like the leather seats the heated and cooling make it worth while IMO but I also have hunting dogs and the hair is much easier to deal with when you have leather, that said I didn't get the "auto windsheild wipers or the Auto adjusting high beam" instead I got the bed camera, not sure why you have to choose and you can't get them all but I wanted the bed camera more. I really like having it.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Look into Katzkin Leather kits, They are about $1000 a row for very top notch product and custom look. I personally think the leather is of higher quality than OEM leather. its not too much more than the $1500 option but well worth the difference and can be had at any dodge dealership. I'm sure you can work a deal with the dealer to make it pencil out

Cheetah

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
One of the few options I didn't get was the bed camera, if I had to do it over I probably would have got it.

OP
OP
bryan28

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Got my truck today. It is a 2014 Sport and it has cloth seats.

BOWTECH

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins Turbo 6.7
The auto wipers and auto high-beam headlights are turned off. I prefer to control my high-beams & heard stories of wiper loss in the car wash if left on.....

fat1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those stories are not true, safety features built in prevent the wipers from working while in neutral as the truck should be while traversing the car wash. I didn't think much of the auto wipers but I actually like them as they are really only a more intelligent intermittent setting. So when the rain is on and off or the intensity is varying greatly they are a godsend as you do not have to continually adjust them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lasse452