Leather seats help.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joshuaadamsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
uzahume2.jpgaqudyvym.jpgSo my side of my seat has finally torn to crap in my 2010 Sport CC. I knew the ventilated seats were a bad idea and a year ago I noticed tearing between the holes which I hideously covered with gorilla tape to stop from spreading. Well the other day I hop out only to feel and hear the worst thing. (See pic). My question is. I can't be the only one. What do you guys do? As much as I hate to say it but seat covers sound to be the quick/ Immediate solution. I have thought about those leather repair kits but it does nothing for the vented part. Professional Repair is 400+ I'm not wanting to let go of that kind of money just yet for something that shouldn't have happened.

OP
OP
joshuaadamsmith

joshuaadamsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh and that's square because I thought covering with tape would help... It didn't it peeled out in exactly the shape of the tape.... Ugh

brightwhitesport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Oh man, that's why you use a good conditioner every time you clean it to keep the leather soft. The only thing I can see is calling dodge and seeing of you can get an oem bottom seat cover and do it yourself but your looking at a decent amount of upholstery work

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
You can get OEM factory seat covers...or do a Katzkin :D

OP
OP
joshuaadamsmith

joshuaadamsmith

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do like Katzkins! Price is just so up there. But you get what you pay for. I got a similar problem with the wife's 300. I am such a ******* for not Taking care of the seats. Lesson learned.

BlackedOutHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 & 2012
Engine
5.7L HEMI & 6.7L Cummins
Taking care of them + not sliding in and out of the truck will keep them looking brand new.

Truckit

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Longhorn Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That sucks :( Fortunately I caught the seam coming apart on my 2010 Laramie and had them replace it under warranty. I thought I was the only one.....

Doc Zoom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I use Meguires leather conditioner on my seats. Probably time to see the dealer and order new covers.