Led dome light not working?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I switched my interior to a 578 festoon led and if I lock the truck and come back 5 minutes later the light won't come on but when I turn the truck on it comes back on. The factory bulb is fine. Any ideas? I'm thinking about ordering the canbus style from superbrightleds just to see if it helps but was looking to see if anyone else has this issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I switched my interior to a 578 festoon led and if I lock the truck and come back 5 minutes later the light won't come on but when I turn the truck on it comes back on. The factory bulb is fine. Any ideas? I'm thinking about ordering the canbus style from superbrightleds just to see if it helps but was looking to see if anyone else has this issue

Weird, have you tried flipping it around?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Weird, have you tried flipping it around?

Yup. Both directions same thing. I'm starting to wonder if it's not the dimming because it seems to kick on halfway through the dim cycle. It's also only a single diode instead of the 4410-8 everyone else has.

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you figure this out? I put an led in my dome light in my '15 and exact same thing. Only came on sometimes. Always came on as soon as key was turned on. I put the old bulb back in.

chris52010trx4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
have had this issue on my 2010 since i switched to led interior... dome lights wont go on when you push them... go on when doors open or unlocking the truck or using the roller dial.... it sucks but owell.. my brother used the same bulbs in his 13 and has no problems... even my sun visor lights dont work now... wish i could get help for this too but so far cant seem to find much info other than using a canbus bulb..

metalmancpa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put in the PUTCO LED Dome Light Kit (map lights and rear dome #980044). Thus far they work when they are supposed to.

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
have had this issue on my 2010 since i switched to led interior... dome lights wont go on when you push them... go on when doors open or unlocking the truck or using the roller dial.... it sucks but owell.. my brother used the same bulbs in his 13 and has no problems... even my sun visor lights dont work now... wish i could get help for this too but so far cant seem to find much info other than using a canbus bulb..

That's a bit different than my issue. I don't have the front map lights. Just the centre dome. And with an led bulb, half of the time, nothing comes on when unlocking the doors and opening the doors. It's so intermittent. A real ***** if I'm trying to load up at night for a trip. You have to put the key in and turn it to the first click and the light comes on. Happens if you have the doors open and closed a lot and don't start the truck. After 4-5 times it usually stops coming on and then it's time for the key trick. I just gave up and went back to the original bulb. I've seen a few guys on here experiencing the same thing and just wondered if anybody figured it out.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
That's a bit different than my issue. I don't have the front map lights. Just the centre dome. And with an led bulb, half of the time, nothing comes on when unlocking the doors and opening the doors. It's so intermittent. A real ***** if I'm trying to load up at night for a trip. You have to put the key in and turn it to the first click and the light comes on. Happens if you have the doors open and closed a lot and don't start the truck. After 4-5 times it usually stops coming on and then it's time for the key trick. I just gave up and went back to the original bulb. I've seen a few guys on here experiencing the same thing and just wondered if anybody figured it out.

Does it happen with all the doors or mostly the driver's side? Have you fiddled with the door open/closed switch?

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does it happen with all the doors or mostly the driver's side? Have you fiddled with the door open/closed switch?

It's happens with all doors once it goes into that mode. And it won't come on with the switch on the dash either until key is turned. Put the old bulb in and no problems.

SitKneelBend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
It's happens with all doors once it goes into that mode. And it won't come on with the switch on the dash either until key is turned. Put the old bulb in and no problems.

Have you tried to match the wattage of the LED to that of the factory bulb? It will be REALLY bright but it may fix your issue.

Tom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok thanks guys. I'll have to try that.