Led interior lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gray8188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey guys bought some interior led map lights and the lights for the rear from superbright led and they wouldn't work right. Read up I may have to use a resistor or something. Not really wanting to deal with it. Anyone have a link of the exact led lights I need that I can just put in and they will work. No extra work needed? Thanks.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Hey guys bought some interior led map lights and the lights for the rear from superbright led and they wouldn't work right. Read up I may have to use a resistor or something. Not really wanting to deal with it. Anyone have a link of the exact led lights I need that I can just put in and they will work. No extra work needed? Thanks.
This is what I use, you can go one size larger than these in the map lights...

Cutequeen 10x LED Car Lights Bulb White T10 5050 5-SMD 194 168 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ALQQNHC/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_FLVhwb57E6AE9

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

OP
OP
G

gray8188

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Awesome thanks. What would the next size up be? And what about the lights over there rear seat?

Size larger ( I have these in map, and rambox lights)

http://www.amazon.com/Cutequeen-Tra...UTF8&qid=1444935877&sr=8-1&keywords=cutequeen

The dome light I originally had a cutequeen, but I replaced it with this super bright one when I switched the map light color to red to save my night vision...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N4M95XO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Amazon.com: Cutequeen Trading 10pcs LED Car Lights Bulb White T10 2835 20-smd 400 Lumens 194 168 (Pack of 10): Automotive

The dome light I originally had a cutequeen, but I replaced it with this super bright one when I switched the map light color to red to save my night vision...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00N4M95XO?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

And threads like these are where I spend money I wasn't even looking to spend on a problem I didn't know I had :roflsquared:

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Done! Even in the daylight I can tell a big difference. BTW, I'm in Buda, TX and now have an extra 8 map lights if anyone needs one :) (they came in a 10 pack).

Attachments

• Dome.jpg
    Dome.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 215
  • MapLight.jpg
    MapLight.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 283

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh yeah and, the map lights are directional, so be sure to test them before you put everything back together. I tested mine each time and sure enough I had them in backwards.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Oh yeah and, the map lights are directional, so be sure to test them before you put everything back together. I tested mine each time and sure enough I had them in backwards.
Sorry, forgot to mention that...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Done! Even in the daylight I can tell a big difference. BTW, I'm in Buda, TX and now have an extra 8 map lights if anyone needs one :) (they came in a 10 pack).

much better! :favorites13:

Donelam304

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4

http://www.amazon.com/Cutequeen-Tra...UTF8&qid=1444935877&sr=8-1&keywords=cutequeen

On these lights. I'd like to go to a red interior light as well. Those of you wondering, Yes, it does make a difference in night vision. I'd go with a blue/green if I could get them that color. But I'm sure no one make a NVG compatible led light for these. Lol. Do you happen to have a part # for red led's.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
On these lights. I'd like to go to a red interior light as well. Those of you wondering, Yes, it does make a difference in night vision. I'd go with a blue/green if I could get them that color. But I'm sure no one make a NVG compatible led light for these. Lol. Do you happen to have a part # for red led's.
Just click the link and there should be a color option. If not search Amazon for "194 cutequeen red"...

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I could use a couple of the map lights. I'm in Grand Prairie TX.

For the rear dome did you use the one from the link above? Do they match in color to the ones you put in the maps?

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, I used THESE and THIS and they match. At least, they match well enough that I don't see a difference.

Milt IV

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes, I used THESE and THIS and they match. At least, they match well enough that I don't see a difference.

On the cutequeen link you just provided did you buy the white housing 20smd or the black housing 5smd?

RedFalcon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L

I might have to swing by and try to grab a pair from you next time I drive up to San Marcos

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On the cutequeen link you just provided did you buy the white housing 20smd or the black housing 5smd?

I purchased the double stacked white.

I might have to swing by and try to grab a pair from you next time I drive up to San Marcos

Sure thing. I'm about 10 minutes north of San Marcos just off I35. PM me and I can give you the address. Also, if you're not already aware, you will only be about 2 miles from Cabelas.

KahneFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Attached is a picture of the light, plus a nickel for size comparison.

Attachments

• MapLight2.jpg
    MapLight2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 38

acwood04

Reaction score
Since I only have the rear dome light, I've taken it upon myself to run some single diode LEDs in my headliner, which i ran to a switch next to my light bar on my bull bar bumper guard coming from a relay. It's like the luxury BMWs and Mercedes that have "ambient" lighting. Got the LEAD bulbs off Amazon and the 5mm flush mounts. Pretty cool mod. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445404767.716545.jpg