led interior upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
anyone know of a good setup for leds for interior? i got a 2015 ram sport, crew.....the inside lights are just not bright enought...also it be nice to get some foot well lighting all around as well.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try the sylvania led bulbs. Great quality products

RamXpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the Express model, so I only have the single domelight in the middle controlled by the dashboard wheel switch.

I am going to install a DVD player for my daughter that includes an additional light.

So has anyone successfully or heard of successfully moving that domelight?
I was thinking of cutting a hole in the headliner towards the front in between the sunvisors to still have that domelight as well.

Any thoughts???

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am wanting to do my 2013 Sport as well. I read that they came stock with LED's and from what I can tell they did but one map light is really dim and the other is flickering.

I popped the covers off and they don't look like the typical bulbs I've seen so I am really confused on what to get.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have the Express model, so I only have the single domelight in the middle controlled by the dashboard wheel switch.

I am going to install a DVD player for my daughter that includes an additional light.

I was thinking of cutting a hole in the headliner towards the front in between the sunvisors to still have that domelight as well.

Any thoughts???
This X 1000000 .... all I have is the crappy dull dome light controlled by the dash wheel. I HATE that I can't just reach back and flick on a light. Super frustrating.

Sort of on topic, but while I was at Pepboys browsing the Truck Accessories section I noticed (either Recon or Pilot Automotive... i forget) that they sell a square led, almost the size of a pack of playing cards. I was wondering if I could fabricate something out of a piece of interior plastic from the junkyard and my Dremel and make some sort of interior dome light for the front of the truck.

I'm going to pick up the led from Pepboys. It was only $19.99 and with the websites 30% off I can get it for $14 and it's worth trying to make something out of it.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

RamXpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express Crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let us know how it works out

Metalizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
One of our vendors Enlight makes a great kit

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am wanting to do my 2013 Sport as well. I read that they came stock with LED's and from what I can tell they did but one map light is really dim and the other is flickering.

I popped the covers off and they don't look like the typical bulbs I've seen so I am really confused on what to get.

These are the bulbs I got about 6-8 months ago from a local shop that does mostly aftermarket lighting for vehicles.... definitely a TON brighter than the stock.(photo taken at 3am)all in all paid $18 for the 3..... including photos of what they look like..... the small is for the map lights....

Attachments

• IMG_0202.jpg
    IMG_0202.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0203.jpg
    IMG_0203.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0205.jpg
    IMG_0205.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 106

Grunt4Murica

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
These are the bulbs I got about 6-8 months ago from a local shop that does mostly aftermarket lighting for vehicles.... definitely a TON brighter than the stock.(photo taken at 3am)all in all paid $18 for the 3..... including photos of what they look like..... the small is for the map lights....
Do they ship?! I need these!

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Any thoughts???

I had this thought about a 8 months ago and was going to add the overhead console to give me the added two map lights. I never went through with the project because I didn't want to get into cutting the headliner and such. Instead of moving the come light, consider adding the overhead console. That would give you the two map lights for additional lighting and give you a clean stock look.

Adam

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need help with LEDs

Hey guys I have a 2016 dodge ram sport. I am trying to replace my map lights with LEDs. How do you get these bulbs in. I pulled off Lens cap it seems to me like you have to pull the whole consul down. I can't believe you have to go through all this just to replace two bulbs.

Jsimon34

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I have a 2016 dodge ram sport. I am trying to replace my map lights with LEDs. How do you get these bulbs in. I pulled off Lens cap it seems to me like you have to pull the whole consul down. I can't believe you have to go through all this just to replace two bulbs.
I honestly just grabbed some needle nose pliers and carefully pulled them out.... wrapping a rubberband around it and pulling also works from what I've seen....

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I honestly just grabbed some needle nose pliers and carefully pulled them out.... wrapping a rubberband around it and pulling also works from what I've seen....
I went with pliers too, wrapped the ends in tape. I tried a rubber band first and just couldn't get it to bite. Pliers popped them right out.

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
From what I understand, the 2016 (and possibly 2015) have LEDs in the overhead console so they can't be replaced like the bulbs in the earlier ones.

As for methods for removing the bulbs - heat shrink tubing. Let the bulb cool down for a while and then slide over a piece of heat shrink that's just big enough to fit. Turn on the light and let it get hot. Turn it off and let it cool a bit and then just yank it out with the heat shrink. It will be gripping the bulb quite well.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From what I understand, the 2016 (and possibly 2015) have LEDs in the overhead console so they can't be replaced like the bulbs in the earlier ones.

As for methods for removing the bulbs - heat shrink tubing. Let the bulb cool down for a while and then slide over a piece of heat shrink that's just big enough to fit. Turn on the light and let it get hot. Turn it off and let it cool a bit and then just yank it out with the heat shrink. It will be gripping the bulb quite well.

I'm starting to think my truck has LEDs in it already don't know for sure but I'm started to think it does.

Niederlander

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6
I need help with LEDs

There is a video on YouTube where a guy makes a lasso with a small tie wrap, pushes it over the bulb, tightens it around the bass and pulls it right out.