LED Interior upgrade for those with the OE LED lighting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ksearls

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hi all, just completed the LED interior lighting up grade in my truck. I am one of those lucky guys that had the OE LED interior. I don't know how to post pics on here so here's the info i have available for you to get the job done if you want to do this your self. First off you will have to down grade your truck in order to up grade it.

Parts you will need to order.
1. Led lights in what ever color you want. I went with some blue Led's off ebay.
2. you will need a standard dome light to replace the one you have that is already LED. Why? because the current one can't be modified to work. the part number you will need is: 5JG58BD1AD This can be found on ebay for as little as 35.00 be careful to make sure you get Gray or tan to match your other trim.
3. The other parts you will need because they can't be modified will be for the floor lights if you have them. the part number for them is: 68305400AA they are a direct swap for the current electrical connections and can be had for as little as 13.00 each with free shipping on ebay you will need 2. All this can be done under 100.00 my truck came out fantastic I'm very pleased with it.

sheff4140

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 V6 Flex
Was thinking of doing this to mine ..Its black and think the blue would set it off atleast for my taste.. I didnt know tho i had to do a whole fixture swap tho . I am glad i came across your thread

Glefevre87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all, just completed the LED interior lighting up grade in my truck. I am one of those lucky guys that had the OE LED interior. I don't know how to post pics on here so here's the info i have available for you to get the job done if you want to do this your self. First off you will have to down grade your truck in order to up grade it.

Parts you will need to order.
1. Led lights in what ever color you want. I went with some blue Led's off ebay.
2. you will need a standard dome light to replace the one you have that is already LED. Why? because the current one can't be modified to work. the part number you will need is: 5JG58BD1AD This can be found on ebay for as little as 35.00 be careful to make sure you get Gray or tan to match your other trim.
3. The other parts you will need because they can't be modified will be for the floor lights if you have them. the part number for them is: 68305400AA they are a direct swap for the current electrical connections and can be had for as little as 13.00 each with free shipping on ebay you will need 2. All this can be done under 100.00 my truck came out fantastic I'm very pleased with it.

How easy/hard was the conversion?

BlackGhost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also HAD the oem led and the day after I bought my truck I began swapping all my lights from my 3rd gen. For the front, if you carefully dissect the map lights, you will not need to downgrade. You will find that there is a socket for a regular mini wedge base bulb. However, for the rear it can be done but more tricky since it’s an actual led board. I ended up swapping mine with a buddy who wanted the oem led. Here’s the only picture I took that day

Attachments

• 705FDDFE-210E-4BD8-A344-E32F31639D70.jpg
    705FDDFE-210E-4BD8-A344-E32F31639D70.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 108

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
On my 2017 1500 Express I put a 4410 Festoon CAN Bus LED in the rear seat courtesy light. Old popped out and a new popped right in. I want to do the front in the overhead console, but haven't tackled that project yet.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I also HAD the oem led and the day after I bought my truck I began swapping all my lights from my 3rd gen. For the front, if you carefully dissect the map lights, you will not need to downgrade. You will find that there is a socket for a regular mini wedge base bulb. However, for the rear it can be done but more tricky since it’s an actual led board. I ended up swapping mine with a buddy who wanted the oem led. Here’s the only picture I took that day

How did you do the map lights? My factory LED map lights flicker and suck. I want to replace with LEDs but not sure how to remove the map light from the headliner or take it apart.

BlackGhost

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How did you do the map lights? My factory LED map lights flicker and suck. I want to replace with LEDs but not sure how to remove the map light from the headliner or take it apart.

That whole assembly pops out. Don’t be scared it’s just clips holding it in. Once you have it in your hand you can see more or less what you’re dealing with. I don’t have any pictures of it out but the factory LEDs have an odd shape, once they’re out, you’ll see the bulb socket

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That whole assembly pops out. Don’t be scared it’s just clips holding it in. Once you have it in your hand you can see more or less what you’re dealing with. I don’t have any pictures of it out but the factory LEDs have an odd shape, once they’re out, you’ll see the bulb socket

Do you have to cut anything etc?

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tore into it this morning. Very simple actually and I was able to leave the chrome piece on the map light. Used 194 led bulbs. Works great. Now I just need to get a standard rear light so the led color matches.

rob.stack1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to change out my map lights as well. Tried tearing into it yesterday. There’s little slots that hold it in place to the headliner up front correct?

BigJRamGuy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Any Idea on how to remove the rear cab dome light, I have the 2014 ram quad cab , mine seems to be OE LED , with the chrome reflector over it , i was gonna peel the whole assembly out to look to see if the bulb could be replaced , looked for a video , but i felt like i was gonna break something and did not want to mess up my head liner.

matt.davidson09

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 RAM 2500 Laramie Mega Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedFlameRam