LED Lights Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
So i'm about to buy some LED lights for my truck but I've never done this before. I've attached a pic of what I have in my cart. Can anyone lend a hand and tell me if I'm doing something wrong? I'd hate to order the wronf thing and be stuck with it! lol

My main concern is that I couldn't find Can Bus bulbs for the reverse lights, so I don't want a "Light Out" Message popping up. I'm ordering from superbrightleds.

Attachments

• LED's.jpg
    LED's.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 194
  • Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 165

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For the interior lights I didn't use canbus and got full functionality. They dim and people comment on how awesome they are when they climb in at night. Several people even said something when the door opened during the day time.

For the map lights I got: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ed-bulb-15-smd-led-wedge-base-tower/910/2244/

For the Festoon Dome light I got: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...nt-bulbs/578-led-bulb-9-led-festoon/237/1123/

For the footwells I got: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...bulb-5-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/206/922/

I also used the map lights for a license plate light. I do get a bulb out error but it doesn't bother me at all. If I did the backup lights I would just put a small resistor inline on both sides. Weren't people having an issue with this truck and reverse lights? Like how the bulb is mounted in the reflector?

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
For the interior lights I didn't use canbus and got full functionality. They dim and people comment on how awesome they are when they climb in at night. Several people even said something when the door opened during the day time.

For the map lights I got: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...ed-bulb-15-smd-led-wedge-base-tower/910/2244/

For the Festoon Dome light I got: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...nt-bulbs/578-led-bulb-9-led-festoon/237/1123/

For the footwells I got: https://www.superbrightleds.com/mor...bulb-5-smd-led-wide-angle-wedge-base/206/922/

I also used the map lights for a license plate light. I do get a bulb out error but it doesn't bother me at all. If I did the backup lights I would just put a small resistor inline on both sides. Weren't people having an issue with this truck and reverse lights? Like how the bulb is mounted in the reflector?
Okay thanks for the info! I did switch up my MAP lights and dome light to the ones you bought!

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I think it just pops out with a flat head screw driver?

mmwaggie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a metal spudger that I used. But anything that is really thin and won't bend too much. Before you pop the cover off make sure the light has not been clicked on. If you click the light on then pull the cover off, when you go to put the cover back on the button will be displaced. This is a PITA.

You will like those lights. They are so dang bright.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I have a metal spudger that I used. But anything that is really thin and won't bend too much. Before you pop the cover off make sure the light has not been clicked on. If you click the light on then pull the cover off, when you go to put the cover back on the button will be displaced. This is a PITA.

You will like those lights. They are so dang bright.
thanks for the tip!

Warl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
NohRHOT.png

That's exactly the type of bulbs I used for reverse lights, third brake reverse light, license plate lights, dome light, and map lights. No errors. Bright and love them.

7443 LEDs are for the premium reverse lights (the sport tail lights)
194 are for the license plate lights
921 Map Lights and Third brake reverse light
578 is for the dome light

Also; when replacing the map lights, even if they're on for half a second they're damn hot and hard to remove. Either try a tool or do what I did... use both index fingers to remove them. What I did was instead of trying to grab and pull I'd just keep using initial force to remove them if that makes any damn sense haha

jlb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Are the map/dome lights the same for the older trucks, i.e. 2011? :)

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
NohRHOT.png

That's exactly the type of bulbs I used for reverse lights, third brake reverse light, license plate lights, dome light, and map lights. No errors. Bright and love them.

7443 LEDs are for the premium reverse lights (the sport tail lights)
194 are for the license plate lights
921 Map Lights and Third brake reverse light
578 is for the dome light

Also; when replacing the map lights, even if they're on for half a second they're damn hot and hard to remove. Either try a tool or do what I did... use both index fingers to remove them. What I did was instead of trying to grab and pull I'd just keep using initial force to remove them if that makes any damn sense haha
Thanks! Do they wiggle out at all? Lol

Warl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks! Do they wiggle out at all? Lol

Not really haha. All the other bulbs pull straight out just fine, but they all require a little force. The problem with the map lights is that they're in a really tight spot.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Not really haha. All the other bulbs pull straight out just fine, but they all require a little force. The problem with the map lights is that they're in a really tight spot.
Gotcha lol! Well hopefully I don't break anything! Lol