LED Lights Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

z28th1s

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
He has the express so he actually had bulbs in there. That's really the way they all should come, the upper trims have the stupid built in one

Correct!

The dome light was like a 10 second install pop out the old festoon style bulb and replace with the led and put the cover back on.

The map lights took a little more time because it is hard to get the original bulbs out. I just kept squeezing and wiggleling them until they came out.

Cloviz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got the Laramie model and I'm becoming successful I'm in the process of taking pictures....please hold

Cloviz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Success!!!! Well kinda....I just need to get my tools to reattach the chrome plate....and super glue cuz I broke the "secondary lens"

I'll upload my pictures when I get home. I'm in the mall parking lot doing this and the cops showed up thinking I was breaking into a vehicle

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Success!!!! Well kinda....I just need to get my tools to reattach the chrome plate....and super glue cuz I broke the "secondary lens
Oh nice! Looking forward to the pics!

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anybody know if there are bulbs in the map lights of a 2015 sport? My 12 has bulbs...sounds like the Laramie guys don't have bulbs. I take delivery on new truck next weekend and want to swap to led asap...so hoping there are bulbs in the map lights.

Cloviz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll be uploading pics here soon to give you some assistance

Cloviz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can anyone tell me the size of the led on the dome light circuit board? It looks like a 3014 but I don't have the tools to measure it

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just an FYI... I have a '14 Big Horn CC and had the bulbs, not the built in type. Not sure if that helps anyone or not. I was able to swap out my bulbs for LED's and it looks great. Thinking about switching out the footwell lights to amber, just to see what it looks like. :) Eventually I'll try the cargo lights and the license plate lights. If I like the amber, I may use them in those spots too.