LED map light help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys I need a little help. I have a 2016 dodge ram sport. I am trying to replace the map lights with LEDs that I had just purchased. I popped off the clear cover and it seems to me I have to pull down the entire council just to replace two bulbs. Can somebody please tell me if this is correct before I wind up damaging my truck. These are the bulbs that I purchased let me know if they are the right ones or the wrong ones the company seems to be no help to me at all. Thanks for your help in advance. The number to the bulbs are 4410-NW8-CB. I purchased these from superbright LED Inc.

Attachments

• IMG_1420.jpg
    IMG_1420.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Hey guys I need a little help. I have a 2016 dodge ram sport. I am trying to replace the map lights with LEDs that I had just purchased. I popped off the clear cover and it seems to me I have to pull down the entire council just to replace two bulbs. Can somebody please tell me if this is correct before I wind up damaging my truck. These are the bulbs that I purchased let me know if they are the right ones or the wrong ones the company seems to be no help to me at all. Thanks for your help in advance. The number to the bulbs are 4410-NW8-CB. I purchased these from superbright LED Inc.

For the map lights, the clear cover will come off easily, just gently pry from the edge with a small flathead screwdriver. Note the orientation of the hinge or whatever you want to call it for reinstall. (edit - I re-read your post and saw you already got these off)

The bulbs pictured are meant for the dome light and will not fit the map light. Do you have the rear dome light? If so, you should be able to use one of these there.

If you insert it and it doesn't work, reverse the direction and it should come on.

Now for the map lights, you need a 921 bulb equivalent. These are a push in type bulb. The OEM bulbs are a pain in the **** to get out due to room. What I did was take a pair of pliers and wrapped the ends in tape for some padded grip. With gentle pressure they pulled straight out.

Let me know if you have any questions, I just did mine two weeks ago. The map light bulbs are the same ones that work for the license plate bulbs as well.

Also, this is a good link to print/bookmark for our bulbs:

http://www.ramforum.com/f75/bulb_list_4th_gens-8964/

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I figured they were for the back that's why I didn't do anything until I asked you guys. I should have the front ones coming any day now. I only ordered them two weeks ago. I will never do business with these people ever again. Now the other question how do you get the back one off I'm sure that's going to be a pain in the ass as well.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
I figured they were for the back that's why I didn't do anything until I asked you guys. I should have the front ones coming any day now. I only ordered them two weeks ago. I will never do business with these people ever again. Now the other question how do you get the back one off I'm sure that's going to be a pain in the ass as well.
Nope it's easy...Just pry the lens from the driver's side. You'll see a little indent and it'll pop out. It's a tight fit going back in but not bad, just apply a little pressure, it won't break.

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L
Also, if the dome light fitment in the back is loose, just pinch the bulb holders together for a tighter fit. Some of those festoon bulbs are thinner on the ends vs. stock.

Ram Man

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport
Engine
With a 16 and sport I am willing to bet you have the LED package already.... if so then the advice above does not apply to you. You do indeed have to pull the console down but its relatively easy.

I have posted this link probably 20 times now. If you need help search the site, this topic has been covered a ton :)

http://www.ramforum.com/f42/flickering_led_map_light_fixed-82756/