Low washer fluid light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bakaehler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone else have an issue with their low washer fluid light being on even though it's full?

SIhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
If ur using rain-x or something similar that's what's causing the problem. The rain-x stuff has something in it that put a film over the sensor and give you the false reading. I'm having the same problem. I'm gonna try and that the sensor out and clean it than just use the plain blue stuff.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If ur using rain-x or something similar that's what's causing the problem. The rain-x stuff has something in it that put a film over the sensor and give you the false reading. I'm having the same problem. I'm gonna try and that the sensor out and clean it than just use the plain blue stuff.

Exactly^^^....I had this issue with RainX. I quickly drained it out and put in the cheap blue stuff. The low light went away and never came back.

Cowboy345

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same problem on mine but isn't it a float type sensor, what's the best way to remove it.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Same problem on mine but isn't it a float type sensor, what's the best way to remove it.

No, it is a two pong sensor. As long as the sensor in the fluid it completes the circuit (closed circuit = no light)....as soon as it's not in the fluid the circuit is broken (open circuit = low fluid light).

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah its because of Rain-X, I just picked up a new sensor from the dealer...less than $3.00...to remove it, you have to remove the grille then pull the sensor from the bottle...I believe...I'll be tackling this soon