Lower center console lock box.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bradc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Hi,

I've been looking for a while to find a reasonably priced lock box for my lower center console to store a handgun (unloaded of course) when I'm somewhere I can't carry. Laws being what they are in California you can't store a gun in a device permanently mounted to the vehicle - such as a glove box or a bolted-in safe. I had a cheap little keyed lock box in there for a while but it wasn't convenient to use and it shifted around all the time.

This vault is nice but it mounts 'permanently' and is quite pricey. I was looking for something similar in fit and less expensive.
http://www.consolevault.com/dodge-ram-under-seat-console-2006-2011.html

So, I was at Bass Pro Shops in Vegas the other day and saw one made by Stack-On (PC-650) that looked about right. I didn't want to carry it on the plane home so I ordered it from Amazon the next day to try it out. To my surprise it fit like it's meant for it!! It drops right in and has just enough interference to fit snug and not move around. I took the plastic bin out and drilled a small hole for the cable lock and it's a perfect solution. There's plenty of room under the bin for the cable to have some slack and be hidden while wrapped around the passenger seat bracket. It's easy access and I can switch from holstered to unloaded and stored quickly and discretely.

Thought I would post it up in case others were interested..

Attachments

• IMG_0865.jpg
    IMG_0865.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 1,140
  • IMG_0866.jpg
    IMG_0866.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,112
  • IMG_0867.jpg
    IMG_0867.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 280