Lumbar seats- Differences between stock cloth & Leather?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Been looking through the threads on seat upgrades. I haven't seen anything regarding lumbar support. I have a 2014 tradesman crew cab. Took me like 2 months to figure out my back trouble was being cause by my seat. Just doesn't have enough lumbar support. I put an aftermarket one in & that fixed that issue. Still I'd like to upgrade to the leather seats. Do the leather seats have more lumbar support? Or is it just the same basic seat with power controls & heat? If the seat itself isn't more comfortable in leather optioned trucks. I may as well just get the Katskin covers & add heat as well. All input appreciated but I'd love to hear from someone who upgraded their seats from the cloth

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I know my seat has power lumbar where it moves in/out and up/down. My recommendation would be to go to the dealer and try out a leather seat yourself to see how it feels on your back.

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
Been looking through the threads on seat upgrades. I haven't seen anything regarding lumbar support. I have a 2014 tradesman crew cab. Took me like 2 months to figure out my back trouble was being cause by my seat. Just doesn't have enough lumbar support. I put an aftermarket one in & that fixed that issue. Still I'd like to upgrade to the leather seats. Do the leather seats have more lumbar support? Or is it just the same basic seat with power controls & heat? If the seat itself isn't more comfortable in leather optioned trucks. I may as well just get the Katskin covers & add heat as well. All input appreciated but I'd love to hear from someone who upgraded their seats from the cloth

My leather seats are hard as rocks. After a couple of hours you really feel it. The power lumbar support works great.

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I will try some out for sure. Haven't had much like finding seats in the local junk yards. Even expanding their searches statewide I'm striking out. Found a set on eBay for like $1100 not including shipping. Seems a bit excessive for just the front 40/20/40 bench seat

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I upgraded to the Laramie seats in my Express. Mine are very comfortable but I recovered them so not sure how they would have felt before that. They do have lumbar support. You will need to run a constant 12v and negative wire to the solid red wire and black wire in the yellow seat plug and all of the power adjustment features will work. You can find then pretty cheap on Car-Part.com. Usually a power drivers side seat will run around 250.00 to 300.00. I got my Laramie front seats and rear seat with the 60/40 and the fold out floor for 600.00. The shipping was 230.00 from back east to California.

avantiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
14 Sport here. It has the cloth leather trimmed seats. It adjusts to fit most any butt and has lumbar support. I've set in several lower level Rams and there is a major difference in seat comfort due to the adjustability of my seats. I can't imagine driving long distances with the non-adjustable seats. My cloth inserts beat the heck out of leather for most weather level comfort but your opinion may vary.

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Spent time in the local yard again yesterday. Zero luck on seats. Only leather ones they had access to had the air bag blow in them. I can't believe it is this difficult to find a dang seat. I'd even be fine just getting an drivers seat period. I have the 40/20/40 bench seat up front. Will a bucket seat bolt to that setup? Or will I need to do a center console & buckets on both sides. Just thinking I might get luckier just finding the drivers seat