Manual To Power Seat Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ediggity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HI all... First post here...
Subscribed as well... I have a tradesman with laramie power seats and "1" and "2" memory selections. Currently neither the power nor the memory work on either driver or passenger side. All seems to be connected. Could this be a dealer BCM issue?

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
HI all... First post here...
Subscribed as well... I have a tradesman with laramie power seats and "1" and "2" memory selections. Currently neither the power nor the memory work on either driver or passenger side. All seems to be connected. Could this be a dealer BCM issue?
There's a post in the 4th Gen DIY section on how to add the heated ventilated power seats to a Tradesman or Express. It is not a BCM isue you with your power seats not working. Your truck does not have the correct wiring. We have figured out the wiring that's needed. You can purchase a harness from M2 mods who's a vendor on the forum and install it and all the power functions will work on your seats. You can also install the switch panel and add the sales codes to your BCM and the heated and ventilated functions should operate. The memory function will not operate. We have looked into it and it's way too entailed to mess with as there's much more wiring and changing door modules Etc.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ediggity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There's a post in the 4th Gen DIY section on how to add the heated ventilated power seats to a Tradesman or Express. It is not a BCM isue you with your power seats not working. Your truck does not have the correct wiring. We have figured out the wiring that's needed. You can purchase a harness from M2 mods who's a vendor on the forum and install it and all the power functions will work on your seats. You can also install the switch panel and add the sales codes to your BCM and the heated and ventilated functions should operate. The memory function will not operate. We have looked into it and it's way too entailed to mess with as there's much more wiring and changing door modules Etc.

Txs for the reply. I don't have heated/ac seats, just power and lumbar. Do I still need the new harness?

That's a shame about the memory buttons. I switch off with my wife almost every other day - depending on who is driving the farthest that day. Was really hoping to make this work.

ediggity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
or maybe my seats do have a heated option??? I never thought about it. I do have heated seat buttons on the rear of the center console - so I assume that's for the rear seats. I don't think the switch currently does anything...

I just got the truck and the previous owner upgraded to the Laramie seats and center console. Was just trying to get the power seats to work as the seats are too far back and lean to far. Hard to drive like that!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
or maybe my seats do have a heated option??? I never thought about it. I do have heated seat buttons on the rear of the center console - so I assume that's for the rear seats. I don't think the switch currently does anything...

I just got the truck and the previous owner upgraded to the Laramie seats and center console. Was just trying to get the power seats to work as the seats are too far back and lean to far. Hard to drive like that!
The rear heated seats will not work either because I'm sure he didn't install all the necessary wiring. He most likley just bolted in the seats. If you just want to make your seats adjustable all you need to do is connect a constant 12 volt power source to the solid red wire in the Yellow seat plug and a ground to the solid black wire in the same Yellow seat plug. This will make all of the adjustments features of the seat function normally. As far as your front seats go if they are from a Laramie they are definitely heated and ventilated. If you wanted to install the correct harness and the switch panel and activate the proper codes they will work. Sometimes they will work without even adding the codes but you never know until you install them and see

ediggity

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The rear heated seats will not work either because I'm sure he didn't install all the necessary wiring. He most likley just bolted in the seats. If you just want to make your seats adjustable all you need to do is connect a constant 12 volt power source to the solid red wire in the Yellow seat plug and a ground to the solid black wire in the same Yellow seat plug. This will make all of the adjustments features of the seat function normally. As far as your front seats go if they are from a Laramie they are definitely heated and ventilated. If you wanted to install the correct harness and the switch panel and activate the proper codes they will work. Sometimes they will work without even adding the codes but you never know until you install them and see

Thanks a lot for the info... very helpful and much appreciated. I don't have switches for the front heated seats but I can find those easy enough on ebay or dismantler. Thank you!!!

Ricks Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks a lot for the info... very helpful and much appreciated. I don't have switches for the front heated seats but I can find those easy enough on ebay or dismantler. Thank you!!!
Remember you will also need to buy the harness from M2 Mods and possibly need to add the codes in order for the Heated/Vented seats to function. The harness will also make it where you can install the heated steering wheel with the heated wheel clockspring if you choose and it will work as well. You cannot get a switch panel for the heated/ventilated seats or heated seats that does not the heated steering wheel button. If you don't install the heated wheel you will just have a button on your switch panel that doesn't function. I'm not sure what year your truck is but if it's 2013 it takes a different switch panel. If your truck is a 14 or newer any 14 to 17 switch panel should work fine as long as it has the correct buttons.

BobbieAnn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I have a 2011 ram 1500 with manual seats. I need a power driver seat. What year models will fit into my 2011?
Where is the best place to find a power driver seat?

Simpsj2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i have a 2012 express. looking to upgrade to power seats. anyinfo would be appreciated

Rodgarza

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.3 v6
I have a 2019 ram classic tradesmen I am trying to do the manual to power seat swap what years of seats will for my ram ??

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I have a 2019 ram classic tradesmen I am trying to do the manual to power seat swap what years of seats will for my ram ??
2009-2018...Also 5th Gen HD Trucks will likely fit too.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
2009-2018...Also 5th Gen HD Trucks will likely fit too.

Yes, forum members @Mpgrimm2 and @DeereGuy can make one for you at a great price.

Do I need any additional wiring harnesses ? Or
Stick with 13-18 (or 19 classic) seats with the airbag tags sticking out of them. 09-12 seats are different and likely don't have the required SRS airbags.

PM DeereGuy for details since he makes the seat harnesses.

M² Mods.

Simpsj2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stick with 13-18 (or 19 classic) seats with the airbag tags sticking out of them. 09-12 seats are different and likely don't have the required SRS airbags.

PM DeereGuy for details since he makes the seat harnesses.

M² Mods.

These guys know better than me, but someone hooked me up with the male plugs that went to seats with power wires crimped in. So i was able to run power to seats like that w/o cutting any wires on the female side. I also swapped my airbags and wiring from my 2012 seats, but the 2016 airbags may have worked because they look the same. Have had a hard time with airbag light because connection to airbag has come loose couple of times.

Simpsj2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seats work in all capacities except heating and cooling, which is fine, but in retrospect probably should have been patient for some same year seats.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
These guys know better than me, but someone hooked me up with the male plugs that went to seats with power wires crimped in. So i was able to run power to seats like that w/o cutting any wires on the female side. I also swapped my airbags and wiring from my 2012 seats, but the 2016 airbags may have worked because they look the same. Have had a hard time with airbag light because connection to airbag has come loose couple of times.
Yeah, I actually took the whole upholstery and cover off of my old seat and put it on the power seat so everything matched. It was much easier than trying to separate the seat cover and reattach it. I too swapped Airbags just to be safe.

I then turned around and sold my old seat on Craigslist and recouped much of the cost of the upgrade.

Steve017

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey guys, first post and I've been doing a lot of digging into this seat swapping for my 2017 2500 tradesman. I am trying to decide between just upgrading my cloth and re-upholstering with leather and adding a lumbar to to driver side or just buying power seats and trying to install them. Any pros /cons?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01