Mirror defrost? How do you turn it on

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Little cold this morning & my drivers side mirror in particular stayed cloudy. Does the heat for those just come on automatically? Is it just on when the defrost is on? I couldn't see any button anywhere specifically for those. Just want to make sure I am not missing something obvious

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Isn't the button that is on the heater/ac knob the mirror heater button when you push it a little yellow light will come on under the Icon

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
in this case the one I mentioned is actually on the right

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Okay I am an idiot. There is a hard button for it just below the front defrost button. In my defense I was driving this morning so I wasn't looking to hard. LOL! Mine is not on the knob at all

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Okay so yeah I should have just went out to my truck before posting this. I would have found it had I taken a minute to look when I wasn't driving.

Here is a picture of where it is on my 2014 tradesman. Although I did do the center console swap with the 8.4" radio upgrade. So probably wasn't where it was originally. I don't remember if it had a different spot before I did the swap

20171009_125727.jpg

Devin1349

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait thats a tradesman???? are all of those bottom buttons working cause I swore on my life that those options were only available in Laramie, Longhorn, Limited editions??? :jawdrop:

OP
OP
J

JRust

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Wait thats a tradesman???? are all of those bottom buttons working cause I swore on my life that those options were only available in Laramie, Longhorn, Limited editions??? :jawdrop:

Yes all of the bottom buttons work. I also upgraded to Laramie leather seats. Well actually the passenger seat heat will not stay on. Haven't figured out why on that as the cooling works in that seat fine. It was quite a bit of work to get everything working but thankfully there are some awesome guys on here who know a hell of a lot more than I do. Check out the DIY forum to see how to do the upgrade. The threads explain the whole process as well as where to get what you will need to do it. Oh I added the heated wheel with the radio controls on it too