Mopar Heated Seat Kit Installed Under Cloth With Clazzio Leather Covers???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I searched the forums and couldn't find anything on this so I started a new thread.

I went to my local Dodge/Ram dealer today and asked about adding a Mopar Heated Seat Kit to my 2012 ST. I told them I have Clazzio Leather Seat Covers that will be here next week.

I told them I wanted the heated seat pads to be installed on the underside of the Clazzio covers. They told me that isn't possible and I have to have the heated seat pads installed under my cloth seats, then put the leather covers over the cloth.

My question is, if they install the Mopar heated seat pads under my cloth, then I install Clazzio Leather Seat covers, will I even feel the heat?

Has anyone done this exact thing? Added a heated seat kit under their cloth then put on leather covers??

My main concern is not feeling the heated pad part and it being a waste of money.

If anyone has any advice or has been in a similar situation, please chime in. Thank you.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
are the covers you ordered just slip on type, or the type where you take the existing seat covers off and replace with the clazio covers?

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I have done this, but with heavy "pleather" covers. Heat works just fine. Can't imagine real leather bowling any different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
are they the perforated leather? I would imagine that would help with some heat transfer.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
are they the perforated leather? I would imagine that would help with some heat transfer.
Yes they are but they also have either a 1/4 inch or 1/2 inch of memory foam on them aswell. So that has to be added into this too.

I don't understand why they won't put the heated pad part on the seat cover and install it. Super frustrating.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Search for Clazzio heated seat YouTube videos. I found one where they simply stick the seat heaters on the old upholstery then put the Clazzios over them. That is how I am doing mine. The heat pads have a sticky back to keep them in place. I absoluutely would not put the pads under the original upholstery. At that point your better off going with Katzkins.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Search for Clazzio heated seat YouTube videos. I found one where they simply stick the seat heaters on the old upholstery then put the Clazzios over them. That is how I am doing mine. The heat pads have a sticky back to keep them in place. I absoluutely would not put the pads under the original upholstery. At that point your better off going with Katzkins.
That's what I'm saying... but my local dodge/Mopar Dealer is refusing to put them on the cloth or on the seat cover. They are telling me they MUST go under the stock cloth, no other way about it.

Like wtf... why. I tried telling them and showing them pics but they said it's the way mopar kits get installed.

Derrrr.... bunch of idiots.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Buy one of the aftermarket seat heater kits and install it yourself. It has to be a lot cheaper then having the dealership install the MOPAR one.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Buy one of the aftermarket seat heater kits and install it yourself. It has to be a lot cheaper then having the dealership install the MOPAR one.
That's what I'm doing. Was hoping to get the Mopar kit installed and have it under warrenty but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That's what I'm doing. Was hoping to get the Mopar kit installed and have it under warrenty but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.

The dealership would never install the kit improperly, they have to install it the way it was designed or MOPAR would never warranty it. Plus, what happen if it caught on fire, cause of improper installation???? They aren't dumb, they are covering their asses!!!

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why don't you just take the factory seat covers off and install the heaters and then put your new covers on? Removing the seat covers is pretty easy and since yours is a RC really shouldn't take that long. [emoji848]

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Why don't you just take the factory seat covers off and install the heaters and then put your new covers on? Removing the seat covers is pretty easy and since yours is a RC really shouldn't take that long. [emoji848]

Because I'm pretty sure that with the cloth and then the seat covers (1/4 inch thick memory foam plus the leather) that I won't really even feel the heated seat parts with that much in between me and the pads.

12sportmc

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Because I'm pretty sure that with the cloth and then the seat covers (1/4 inch thick memory foam plus the leather) that I won't really even feel the heated seat parts with that much in between me and the pads.

Ahhhh makes sense. For what it's worth on my Katskins with the perf leather and padding I can feel my seat heaters through it all.

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the mopar kit is pretty much plug and play with just holes needed for the switches drilled it can be done in an hour

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya'll are WAY overthinking this.

So, getting (2) cans of camping stove solid fuel and keeping them lit under the seats might not be a good idea????? Hahahaha!!!!

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
So, getting (2) cans of camping stove solid fuel and keeping them lit under the seats might not be a good idea????? Hahahaha!!!!

You forgot to add a disclaimer in case some numbskull tries it :flamingdevil: