Mopar pedal kit install-stupid brake pedal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got my Mopar pedal kit today, gas pedal easy as hell, brake pedal, well I've fought with it for an hour and a half, soaked it in boiling water, and it's 3/4 of the way on, rubber cooled off before I could get the top right on, going to let it sit in the hot sun tomorrow and try to finish.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Maybe a heat gun or a blow dryer????
Jay

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Wd40 or similar & use a short flat head screwdriver to lift the upper lip over

NOcasio7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
pics and what price did you find it for? I have been looking to get the set myself.

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tried to get the damn brake pedal fully on with the hot water and I put a layer of Vaseline on the the metal of the parallel itself. Didn't get any further than I did last time, did check the back of the brake pedal pad, and it's pretty well chewed up from trying to pry it on. Added 4 or 5 cuts on my thumb as well. Going to try to get it on better when I have access to a hair dryer and extension cord, if that doesn't work in trimming the rubber and epoxying that ***** in place.

Attachments

• IMG_20170412_191456788.jpg
    IMG_20170412_191456788.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 465
OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Amazon had the best price, $77 shipped. It was from a Mopar dealer, took a week to come in with 2 day shipping

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just put this set on my sport this morning, had to work a bit, but got it on without too much trouble.I put it in hot water a few mins, put a little WD40 in the bare brake, pulled the bottom on then unfolded the sides, then used a short flathead screwdriver the pop one top corner on and slid the screwdriver along the top unfolding the lip as I went.Looks great, I just ordered one for the parking brake that was for the challenger/charger/300, hoping to make that fit, it needs one to look complete.

shibby927

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Try boiling the pedal. It will free up the rubber on the back. Use a flat head screwdriver and slowly work your way around the outer edges prying the rubber back little by little. I've installed these same pedals on my past two vehicles. The first attempt took me a little more time until I learned the boiling water trick from another online forum. The second time I installed these pedals it took me like 5-10 minutes max.

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just put this set on my sport this morning, had to work a bit, but got it on without too much trouble.I put it in hot water a few mins, put a little WD40 in the bare brake, pulled the bottom on then unfolded the sides, then used a short flathead screwdriver the pop one top corner on and slid the screwdriver along the top unfolding the lip as I went.Looks great, I just ordered one for the parking brake that was for the challenger/charger/300, hoping to make that fit, it needs one to look complete.

looking forward to hearing if that fits

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will post and let you know as soon as it arrives.

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just got the e brake pad, about half as long as the oem rubber one, theres no way I can make it work.Has anyone got a source for one that will fit?

norton333

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes... nothing quite like WD40 on a brake pedal.

You put a "little" wd40 on the bare metal brake, before you fight to pull the rubber pad over it, believe me once you get that pad over it, it wont budge and the wd40 will not come into play again. It's not like you spray it on the completed brake where you would step and slip.

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tried to get the damn brake pedal fully on with the hot water and I put a layer of Vaseline on the the metal of the parallel itself. Didn't get any further than I did last time, did check the back of the brake pedal pad, and it's pretty well chewed up from trying to pry it on. Added 4 or 5 cuts on my thumb as well. Going to try to get it on better when I have access to a hair dryer and extension cord, if that doesn't work in trimming the rubber and epoxying that ***** in place.

86459d1492042813-mopar_pedal_kit_install-_%40%2Aing_brake_pedal-img_20170412_191456788.jpg

I am seriously not trying to troll, but those pedals look like crap. I think the rest of your truck is so dirty it's distracting. I see no point in buying them.

gigabyte3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Think there is the saying out there, " if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all." All the op was looking for was some tips on install. He wasnt looking for your pointless coment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

misfit77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I heard a saying.

"Honesty is the best policy."

Either way, don't post a picture like that and expect everyone to love it.

OP
OP
abouttobeglue

abouttobeglue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Misfit, I'm so sorry my driver side carpet is not up to your standards, I appreciate you letting me know, however I have been quite busy and have not had adequate time to clean my truck, I would take it to a car wash, but I don't trust them, I still have flashbacks to the Gumby car washes of the late 80s and how terrifying they were, especially for a young child. Before I post a pic of anything on my truck again, I will be sure to have it washed and waxed, as not to offend you or any other person like you, that can't look past a few bits of dirt. I sincerely hope your snide comments help you sleep better at night, please know I will be crying myself to sleep over my dirty truck and ugly pedals tonight, and I will likely need to rethink my purpose on this Earth.