My Cabin Air Filter Mod Hints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Just did the cabin Air Filter Mod today.. A royal pain in the ass at first cutting with the razor knife! So I go my hack saw and pulled out the blade, and instead of back and forth with the razor knife I cut a line in the plastic by sliding the hacksaw blade back and forth making the plastic thinner and easier to cut with the razor knife! also id you cut the plastic w/the hacksaw blade cut backwards , cutting teeth towards you and it will kick out most of the plastic dust!
On my 2015 there is a counter balance cable in my glove box that will snap back in the dash making it a pain to pull out and line up with the boc, I tied a boot lace to it and then to the door hinge, put in box reconnected the cable to the glove box
Also on my RAM there is a plastic screen over the fan, I assume to collect crap that gets in, And as mentioned it is a pain to install the Cabin AF but a few choice words help My 2 cents hope it helps sosmeone
Rich

Lbaran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had no issues. Heated up a razor knife with a torch. Very little effort and very clean cut.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My issue mainly was I m 6ft3 225 with big hands lol so space was alittle tight but really was not bad just a pain with the back and forth with the razor.. I thought about heating the blade but did not want to chance melting too much

MADDOG

Not RamForum Staff
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Had no issues either. They make this thing called a "Dremel tool" ... :)

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Had no issues either. They make this thing called a "Dremel tool" ... :)

If I had one I would have used it but a Dremel has not yet been added to my tool box but soon will be! And since I just bought the Truck, Slush pad,mud flaps, Stone guard and the Cabin AF kit $$$ are a tad short, Plus I am getting tighter then a Ducks ass and that is water tight when it comes to extra $$$ right now:favorites13:

jasongt06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Dremel tool really makes it a breeze. It also good to trim up the sharp edges.