My Custom RAM GPS mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Not really custom just cut a piece of plastic lol Like most of us with a remote GPS with suction mount we think they suck lol plus not alot of good solid mounting points! After a member here showed me one he bought and gave me the link I checked it out ! Around 35 $ for the base and about 25$ for the mount :crazy: Well being the tight *** I am I made my own !:happy107: All parts less the 9$ Picked up a Mounting Arm off a Friction bag 6$ a piece of 6"x8" 1/8" plastic with a textured surface 3$ and tons left over
a couple longer screw to remount to the bezel .60

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00256.jpg

DSC00257.jpg

DSC00258.jpg

DSC00259.jpg

Last edited:

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Looks great! I bought a Bayou Goat Mount that goes in that same spot. Holds my Garmin GPS and GoPro. Never thought about making one myself...great idea!

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Thanks everyone ! I never was a fan of the suction mount and being a tight *** could not see spending a lot on the mount lol

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Nothing wrong with that. The $6 sticky things to hold the cords off to the side work well. I had the same ones on my Durango for 2.5 years without issue. I have 3 now on the passenger side of my Rebel dash to keep 2 cords out of the way.

Not the best pic...I'll get another taken soon and post it up.

i0HVMBpl.jpg

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Nothing wrong with that. The $6 sticky things to hold the cords off to the side work well. I had the same ones on my Durango for 2.5 years without issue. I have 3 now on the passenger side of my Rebel dash to keep 2 cords out of the way.

i0HVMBpl.jpg

I will definitively get a set of those clips :) Simple but looks like they do a good job :) Looking forward to another pic :) FYI you need a BIGGER dash to add more goodies to lol

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6

i0HVMBpl.jpg

Ordered those sticky wire things yesterday ! Should work great Thanks again :)

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
They're cheap and an easy way to keep the cord out of the way...I'm sure you'll like 'em!

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
They're cheap and an easy way to keep the cord out of the way...I'm sure you'll like 'em!
I ordered a 16 pack ! has mixed lot of 4,2 and 1 cable holder, , i will use some on my PC's ! Again thanks for the heads up. The knowledge from forums never stops lol

EVc96bKA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will definitively get a set of those clips :) Simple but looks like they do a good job :) Looking forward to another pic :) FYI you need a BIGGER dash to add more goodies to lol

Is that a dash cam? If so what kind do you have?

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Is that a dash cam? If so what kind do you have?

Not a dash Cam but I will be getting one soon! Not sure brand yet, just in the thinking stage , BUT Unxpctd has the dash cam

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My buddy saw the clips and had to get a set :O
you have stared a epidemic lol

unxpctd

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 PW 75A
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I really love this little things....cheap and makes it look cleaner keeping the cords out of the way and secured....but still easy to remove them if needed.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I really love this little things....cheap and makes it look cleaner keeping the cords out of the way and secured....but still easy to remove them if needed.
I picked up a couple packs. Gave a set to a buddy of mine. He likes them alot :) I also added a few to my desk top PC , Good cheap little item that really works lol. Also my homemade GPS holder is still going strong :) I added a couple strips of double side tape to the bottom, let the paper on the bottom side as I did not want to stick it to the dash.. Absorbs a little vibration

Michael Deery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L
Like Rado's custom mount. Had the same thought in mind on the mounting for the Garmin GPS. I am curious of how Rado mounted the elbow to the plastic plate? I was thinking epoxy. I was also thinking of popping the radio panel out and snaking the charging cable inside dash to make a more custom install look (come out near lower drawer next to cigarette lighter). Anybody have any thoughts, advice. Ty for any advice in advance.