My Custom RAM GPS mount

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Like Rado's custom mount. Had the same thought in mind on the mounting for the Garmin GPS. I am curious of how Rado mounted the elbow to the plastic plate? I was thinking epoxy. I was also thinking of popping the radio panel out and snaking the charging cable inside dash to make a more custom install look (come out near lower drawer next to cigarette lighter). Anybody have any thoughts, advice. Ty for any advice in advance.

Good idea and I would like to hear your update on tapping into the power :) I PMed you

The anchor I used in the GPS arm is like this one, Just need to find one that is snug

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...-72ce-59c8-b3f5-2ec478c1db86&pf_rd_i=16409411
Rich

Last edited:

Ramitiner

U.S. ARMY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That came out very nice bro. I got a bayou goat one also but this is cleaner looking

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rado I like your round emblem on the dash. I have stickers on my back window. Welcome home.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
That came out very nice bro. I got a bayou goat one also but this is cleaner looking
I agree I was not a big fan of that goat mount ,, Plus I am a cheap ass lol

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Rado I like your round emblem on the dash. I have stickers on my back window. Welcome home.
Thank you.Those emblems are Challenge coins, For me a good way to show them off :)

kad

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Now grab a set of 6 of these:

https://www.amazon.com/ONME-Multipu...id=1504839817&sr=8-5&keywords=cable+organizer

Stick about 3 of them down the passenger side of the center dash and get that cord out of the way :)

I'm a bit OCD about cords hanging down...so its just a suggestion! :)

I bought those at the suggestion of someone here (might have even been you :) ) and no matter how well I clean the surface, I can't get them to stick. I even replaced the tape with better tape and they still won't stay stuck to the dash material.

-K

BIG RED HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L/392CI
Not really custom just cut a piece of plastic lol Like most of us with a remote GPS with suction mount we think they suck lol plus not alot of good solid mounting points! After a member here showed me one he bought and gave me the link I checked it out ! Around 35 $ for the base and about 25$ for the mount :crazy: Well being the tight *** I am I made my own !:happy107: All parts less the 9$ Picked up a Mounting Arm off a Friction bag 6$ a piece of 6"x8" 1/8" plastic with a textured surface 3$ and tons left over
a couple longer screw to remount to the bezel .60

View attachment 91908

View attachment 91909

View attachment 91910

View attachment 91911

View attachment 91912

I have an observation camera for the back of my travel trailer and I might use this idea for the monitor on my dash.

Buckeye2019

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Cummins
Engine
Wow guys y’all need to contact Elon Musk that is incredible...

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Wow guys y’all need to contact Elon Musk that is incredible...
You know I am surprised this simple mount is not being sold lol If I can find a cheaper supplier and quicker way to make one who knows :)

Michael Deery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L
I did thread a anchor and fastened with a screw, added epoxy for extra strength. Used a piece of commercial vinyl plank flooring. Unlike homeowner grade, there is a layer of vinyl plank, a middle layer of some white plastic material and a bottom layer of black textured vinyl. Some pics of the installed product with snaked wire.gps pic 6.jpg gps pic 5.jpg gps pic 4.jpg

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
I did thread a anchor and fastened with a screw, added epoxy for extra strength. Used a piece of commercial vinyl plank flooring. Unlike homeowner grade, there is a layer of vinyl plank, a middle layer of some white plastic material and a bottom layer of black textured vinyl. Some pics of the installed product with snaked wire.View attachment 120000 View attachment 120001 View attachment 120002
Looks good Mike ! I like how you routed the power wire !. I assume you removed the bezel or just loosen it ? Thanks for the update, When the temps get above 15* I will reroute my power wire :) Thanks for the tip FYI I have been checking several times today to see if you updated lol

Michael Deery

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 L
Hi Rado, I just popped the facia panel off. Once you remove the two screws on the top, it just snaps out (held in by clips). I went on youtube and watched a video on how to install a car stereo on a ram just to see how the panel came off. It was very easy. BTW, I like the size of your GPS... is it a 6" screen? I am using my son's 5" garmin now as I had to return a factory refurbed garmin that I bought because it did not work. What size do you recommend? I think on such a big dashboard a 6" might be easier to see. It is a lot further away from me than my gps was on my last car (2015 mini cooper s).

Spud2388

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Sport
Engine
5322504C-1526-4552-9FFF-C831EAF556D9.jpeg 4650BCE2-5797-4397-8B9D-ECF4B8E61BD1.jpeg 889FC0A9-A043-4365-81A1-7E68A86E2AA5.jpeg I like what y’all did but I cannot stand cords showing at all. For as cheap as a power socket is on amazon and as easy as it is to remove the radio panel and get to the factory socket wiring, it just makes sense to me to hard wire everything and keep it clean. Just the mount that came with my Harmon years ago and some bends with a piece of metal. It’s attached with two screws behind the panel. Pretty easy.

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
View attachment 120057 View attachment 120058 View attachment 120059 I like what y’all did but I cannot stand cords showing at all. For as cheap as a power socket is on amazon and as easy as it is to remove the radio panel and get to the factory socket wiring, it just makes sense to me to hard wire everything and keep it clean. Just the mount that came with my Harmon years ago and some bends with a piece of metal. It’s attached with two screws behind the panel. Pretty easy.
I like your mount ! Did you make it or buy it ??
I also like the hard wire idea as well! I have been looking at a quick way to connect is with a fuse adapter

Last edited: