Need Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So got in the truck today and had a puddle of water built up under my seat and my headliner has now a water discoloration. I recently installed a new 3rd brake light so I pulled it off and noticed the seal is completely torn up. So 2 things. What can I use to get the water damage out of the ceiling? 2nd question where can I get something to fix the seal on the third brake light. Please help. I'm so pissed it looks horrible and I really don't want my truck to be ruined.

Last edited:

Savfil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 - SLT
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just a thought, you could try to use a hairdryer or something to dry it out, but probably the best thing is to pull the ceiling panel back and let it dry, as far as color... I dunno, I know there are products for car upholstery that work really well such as "See Spot Go" (I got it from the dealership a couple years back). And for the gasket for the light, you can get a tube of gasket maker, or possibly some small weatherstripping that you can fit around the rim inside. These might be bad ideas, I'm just throwing them out there lol.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
dry it real good and try the cleaners first. U may even have to take it out and wet the whole thing to make it all match when it dries. Just a thought. Maybe a bad thought.........

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey any help would is great. I pulled the headliner back and dried it out and toweled the hell out of the carpet which got it damn near dry. I'm gonna head to autozone tomorrow to look at something to seal it. Had a few suggestions about even using silicone since it would be removed if need to. I got an oxy clean car interior cleaner that I'm hoping will help. Thanks.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
Oh there's no doubt that normal silicone will seal it. Thats what I always use on those lights clearance lights etc. Just smells a little strong for a couple days. Good luck.

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks I figured I'll buy new bulbs for the 3rd light and replace those then clean it real well, let the water air out and silicone it in place. If in a year or two I have to replace those bulbs that's not a daunting task with silicone and it'd be great to seal the water out.

JCJ4290

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 CC 4X4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take it to a body shop and they can vacuum the water out and use a device to remove and odors. I know because I used to do it :) they can also remove the smell from AC units.

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a steam cleaner which I am going to use on the carpets tonight. I am just worried about rust now. It was a solid 3 inches deep of water which worries me on a new truck. So going to try to pull up the carpet tomorrow first and see if I see any rust has happened, it was only one night so hoping not. If there is non then I will steam clean the carpet and ceiling well. The use some oxy clean on the top.