Need help adding Laramie seats into Black Express

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PHILLYRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2014 ram black express crew cab with manual seats. I bought a set of leather heated power seats from a 2014 laramie and I need the part # for the wire harness to make this work. The new rear seats now also have heated feature so I need that wire harness part # too! I also would like to know if anyone else has done this and what did you do about the rear seat brackets being different sizes? drill new holes? switch mounting plates? etc Any help is appreciated!

Anyone with a crew laramie with the above seats can you please look under your seats for the part tags :eek:)

Nick

SuperTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I own a 14 Express and mine has some existing plugs underneath my seats. All of this is probably run through the same plugs. If anything, you may need a dealer flash.

BLKMAGIC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think SuperTrooper is right, alot of this stuff is prewired, I was take a look at what you have in your truck for harnesses before spending any money.

BlkXpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 13 express has plugs bolted to the floor under the front seats and back, but there are not any wires that connect to the plugs.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
If you dont mind. Where did you get your seats from?

I've seen some on ebay, but $1500 for them is kinda insane. I just really want a new drivers seat.

OP
OP
PHILLYRT

PHILLYRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The wiring that is under the seats is different minus the airbags which are the same. The plugs under the rear seats are empty. I figured out the bracket thing... turns out the company I bought the seats from packed up the wrong rear seat even tho they match.. sent me quad cab seats lol.

I got them from ebay Highway autoparts, awesome so far to deal with. i messaged them on ebay to let them know what i wanted and they emailed me back a new listing and I made them an offer of $1100 shipped and the took it!

OP
OP
PHILLYRT

PHILLYRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone own a 2014 laramie with heated and cooled front seats? If so can you look at the wiring harness going to the seats for part numbers please :eek:)
This would help me ALOT!!!

bobbo7915

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD 6.7L
so the heated seats are all controlled via the CanBus system. the control module is under the drivers side seat. in order to get it to function, you would have to get the dealer to flash the sales code. and swap out the button set to the model with the push buttons for the seats.

i have uploaded two wiring diagrams showing how the seats are wired, you will have to see what your truck has currently for wiring and compare to this to see what you will need.

if you do get a dealer to activate the sales codes, i have the panel for the center console which has the push buttons for the rear heated seats and can pull that wiring harness out of my center console...

Attachments

• heated seat circuit.pdf
    83 KB · Views: 116
  • heated seat circuit part 2.pdf
    83.9 KB · Views: 96

isharj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I added Laramies to my Express a few months ago. I tapped power from my console to get them moving but the heat and cool look like more work than i'm willing to put out right now. Doc Holliday is your man though if you wanna tackle it.

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram Black Express
Engine
The wiring that is under the seats is different minus the airbags which are the same. The plugs under the rear seats are empty. I figured out the bracket thing... turns out the company I bought the seats from packed up the wrong rear seat even tho they match.. sent me quad cab seats lol.

I got them from ebay Highway autoparts, awesome so far to deal with. i messaged them on ebay to let them know what i wanted and they emailed me back a new listing and I made them an offer of $1100 shipped and the took it!

I can't find their store on ebay... can you message me a link? maybe i'm just blind...

Did you already have a center console installed?

Last edited:

Rambrindle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Bully
2014 Laramie Power seats

Hi does anyone have the schematic for the connectors for the drivers and passengers side connectors (one yellow - one grey on drivers and one yellow on passengers seat). Right now I would just like to run power to them so I can adjust them, eventually get the heat and cooling working but right now just if someone could help me find the 12V supply to the seats for the motors and switches?

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
Hi does anyone have the schematic for the connectors for the drivers and passengers side connectors (one yellow - one grey on drivers and one yellow on passengers seat). Right now I would just like to run power to them so I can adjust them, eventually get the heat and cooling working but right now just if someone could help me find the 12V supply to the seats for the motors and switches?

https://techauthorityonlinedemo.extra.chrysler.com/service/repair/wiring/view/classic.htm

OP
OP
PHILLYRT

PHILLYRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added Laramies to my Express a few months ago. I tapped power from my console to get them moving but the heat and cool look like more work than i'm willing to put out right now. Doc Holliday is your man though if you wanna tackle it.
Do you have a pic of where you tapped into and what it got wired to under the new seat? I got lazy and busy so I jumped them outside the truck to get them where I needed them and then just bolted them in lol. My wife hates that she can drive my truck cause the seats don't move

Boosted04

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 H.O.
Trying to get more in depth with the wiring on these seats does any one know or have a schematic of what is going on inside the seat control module. Are there relays, how are they controlled etc