Need help ASAP buying center console right now and I have an important question!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I found a killer deal on an entire center console with dash bezel and all. I get to pull it at the junkyard so I can be sure to get all the pieces I need. But I have a really important question before I buy it.

If I buy a center console with the console shifter in it, can the part with the shifter be removed and replaced with the non shifter Cupholder?

Here is the center console I'm buying:
6289785be20906d38def8349d3ebc056.jpg

Here is how I want it to look when I'm done:
36a01129d21a10239445d3ef3bfa1979.jpg

So can the shifter part of the console be removed and replaced with just the plain cup holder piece???

Hopefully someone can answer me within the next 15-20 minutes as I'm in my truck on my way to the junk yard to buy the console and I'd like to know if this is possible.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from hell via TapATalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yea I know you can buy that piece but my main concern is that it's shaped differently or sized differently than the shifter bezel piece.

I was hoping someone has done this swap and bought a center console and pulled the shifter piece off and put in a Regular cup holder piece.

Hopefully someone chimes in soon. I put off going to the junkyard and pulling the console until tomorrow morning. I've bought full Ram interiors and other stuff from the guy I'm talking to and he promised me nobody would touch the interior until after i get done with it so I'm just gonna go tomorrow morning because it's pouring rain out right now and also I'm hoping to get an answer to my question.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
pretty sure there is a write up on here that you can actually make the console shifter work on your truck

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm sure it can be Removed especially since your not going to be using it.
Just remove it and buy or make a piece to cover the empty space

00R/T

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Yes, the consoles are the same otherwise. Let me know if you want to sell the shifter.

clifford15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Last night I went through nearly every page of the interior forum starting at the last page. There were quite a few posts about changing the shift for the "change box" They're tough to locate because everyone seems to have a little bit different terminology so searching is nearly impossible. I am "pretty sure" that the change box replaces the shifter assembly but can't back it with proof. I was searching for any information on the 4x4 floor console in the HDs to see if anyone added the center drawer thus I opened a lot of threads that had to do with the big console. I quit at page 12 (from ~75).

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yes, the consoles are the same otherwise. Let me know if you want to sell the shifter.
Oh I will most definitly be selling the shifter. PM me and we can figure out a price.

I'm sure it can be Removed especially since your not going to be using it.
Just remove it and buy or make a piece to cover the empty space
Well I don't want to have to rig something up, I'd rather it look the right way. I was asking because if it couldn't be done I wasn't going to buy the console, I was going to wait and buy a different one off a local member on here. I had planned on buying his but he has just the console for $225 and I'm getting EVERYTHING I need for $300 including the radio bezel, brackets, nuts and bolts... everything. I can't pass this deal up and buy the other one for $225 and then spend another couple hundred sourcing the rest of the stuff.
pretty sure there is a write up on here that you can actually make the console shifter work on your truck
I had planned on swapping the shifter in and using it but for now I'm not going to get into that. I'll do that down the road. I atleast want to get rid of my jump seat, I absolutely hate it lol.

Codydoss

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I definitely just read on this site a few days ago about the console being the same piece, but with different inserts. I've pulled my "change box" or whatever it is called, a couple of times to run wires and other things. There an abundance of room under the insert. I'm sure it's all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I definitely just read on this site a few days ago about the console being the same piece, but with different inserts. I've pulled my "change box" or whatever it is called, a couple of times to run wires and other things. There an abundance of room under the insert. I'm sure it's all the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks... I'll take the chance on it working.