New floor mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnakeMommy85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
My new floor mats are all warped from being packaged. Does anyone know how to fix it yourself?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
If you have any heat where you are,leave them in the sun flat on the floor and they should settle. If not, an alternative is to use a heat gun. Just don't use it too close or leave it in any one spot too long or you'll damage the mat. Fan the gun back and forth. If it still rises, heat it up and put something heavier than the mat to hold it down. I'd say a phone book but I don't think anyone has any (I'm dating myself lol). If you don't feel comfortable using heat just put the weight on it send hope it corrects itself. If you don't have a heat gun you can get a cheap one at Harbor Freight tools for less than $10 I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Trick for flattening any curled plastic is to lay it on a carpet at home, place one of those electric heating pads on it with a few books/magazines etc to weigh it down, 20-30 minutes done. On car mats it works best to do it carpet to carpet with the heating pad on the plastic side.

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
Wow a heating pad is a great idea

OP
OP
S

SnakeMommy85

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 V8
If you have any heat where you are,leave them in the sun flat on the floor and they should settle. If not, an alternative is to use a heat gun. Just don't use it too close or leave it in any one spot too long or you'll damage the mat. Fan the gun back and forth. If it still rises, heat it up and put something heavier than the mat to hold it down. I'd say a phone book but I don't think anyone has any (I'm dating myself lol). If you don't feel comfortable using heat just put the weight on it send hope it corrects itself. If you don't have a heat gun you can get a cheap one at Harbor Freight tools for less than $10 I think.

Thanks! I'm so particular, I don't think I'll risk damaging my mats with a heat gun. I may just have to wait til summer (in Louisiana and is a black truck). I appreciate the advice.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
If you put them in the truck and wait until summer the heat in your truck alone may just settle them down