NO MOD Holster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Almost bought a PM9. Went with the XDs 45 instead for my truck gun. I have a lot more 1911's that I shoot and carry regularly so I figured I'd stick with 45. Even the wife carries a Dan Wesson CBOB.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
My original guess was a Glock 42 or 43. But on a second look the base plate pin would not be that far back. On a glock magazine baseplate the little button would be towards the front. I have a full center console so I don't have that cubby unfortunately but I am fairly certain the 4th gen's were built for concealed carry. The easy access locations these trucks provide make it hard to find a favorite spot.

Last edited:

GunnerJ

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

RBAT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
XD Mod 2.jpg
Here's my truck holster. 35 lb weight capacity magnet ensures it doesn't move on rough terrain and is easily accessible.

View attachment 139077

View attachment 139078

I have that same magnet still in the package in my console storage. I had planned to attach it to the console tray where I keep my XD Mod2 The magnet is so strong that I thought it may hinder my retrieval of the gun if I needed it quickly. I need to go back and see whether I can attach it some way that allows only partial contact with the slide and slightly less retention. I also considered mounting another one somewhere near the left side to mount a spare mag that would be accessible from inside or out.

Last edited:

Jeremiah walker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
View attachment 139164

I have that same magnet still in the package in my console storage. I had planned to attach it to the console tray where I keep my XD Mod2 The magnet is so strong that I thought it may hinder my retrieval of the gun if I needed it quickly. I need to go back and see whether I can attach it some way that allows only partial contact with the slide and slightly less retention. I also considered mounting another one somewhere near the left side to mount a spare mag that would be accessible from inside or out.

If you were to try pull it off perpendicular to the magnet then it would be a little much but if you simply slide it off, it's not too bad at all. However as you mentioned, if you don't allow all of the magnet to contact your slide, then you'll effectively reduce the retention.

Jeremiah walker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I actually like that....a lot....where did you get the magnet and how did you mount it? Keep my truck gun in the cebter console but it is by no means easy to get to

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thanks, I bought mine off Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LXCJHKG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

As far as mounting goes, I just screwed it right into the console as you see it. I suppose you could use some kind of heavy duty adhesive but there didn't seem to be anything behind it and I didn't care about the small holes I'd be putting in it.

RBAT

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you were to try pull it off perpendicular to the magnet then it would be a little much but if you simply slide it off, it's not too bad at all. However as you mentioned, if you don't allow all of the magnet to contact your slide, then you'll effectively reduce the retention.

Yes, I thought about that after my post. I could put a thin piece of plastic or something similar between to make it pull away more easily. I need to try that.

I also ordered mine from Amazon.