ok, ok, you convinced me to do it- murdered console!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Unfused

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004, 2010
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6.7 Cummins
Does the aftermarket make these things in black already? I'm a terrible painter and would rather just buy the black pieces.

Dawizman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thanks for sharing! I've been debating doing similar to my truck. I think you just convinced me!

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
That looks really nice. I like the satin finish you went with.

Unfused, I don't know of any aftermarket panels, but Retro Shop can dip just about any design you want onto these panels for an even more custom look.

Mitten Diver

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Sport Crew Cab
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My panels are heading to JJ for dipping tomorrow. I was gonna paint mine to match the exterior but th dipping should look even sweeter.

:big_banana_Dance:

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Very nice! I think I need to do this. When the sun hits that chrome ring at just the right angle it's blinding!!

OP
OP
R

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
UPDATE:
I had used:
I used: Automotive Touch Up Adhesion promoter on one piece then Krylon BBS and Stove BBQ black. The other piece, by the shifter, just the Krylon.

I know, it's all I had, but i like the flat black look on these two pieces, since it cuts the glare way down.

Yeah...............

the paint came un-painted when I had sunblock on my leg- it wore the paint away so I used some solvent to strip it off and am now painting it with Krylon Plaisticote paint.
pics will be updated.

mattman_13

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I've got some krylon for plastic in satin black just waiting for this.

Props to you!

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
After reading many posts about the interior console- I decided to paint it black;
removed the trim and used black paint, although I may re-do it with better paint, but I am really liking it:
picture.php

picture.php
The part that annoy's me the most and might motivate me to paint the console trim is the chrome trim around the shifter in the central console. In the sun this weekend it was glaring in all the wrong directions (mostly into my eyes.) :favorites68:

12TrueSport

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 True Blue Pearl Sport
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Is there a DIY for getting the center console and upper trim apart? It would be nice to know where the clips are so I don't bust em.

SirScottland

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4 Crew Cab
Engine
For comparison can you or any body else post up stock pics for those of us that aren't lucky enough to know what the 4th gen interior looks like?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367531134.937255.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367531098.880020.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1367531098.880020.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 52

2nazt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Big Horn
Engine
I totally agree with the chrome ring is killer in the sun, that is why I'm painting mine when I get back! I can't take it anymore.

Looks good man great job on it, so much better then factory

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
I just scuffed mine up real good with a scotch brite pad and used either Duplicolor or Rustoleum black primer and flat black paint (sorry -I can't remember which brand I used as I have both). But just about any brand of paint will work. Just clean it and scuff it and it will be fine.Mine matches the plastic console perfectly. And it has held up great for probably nine months or so.

bloombloom88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After reading many posts about the interior console- I decided to paint it black;
removed the trim and used black paint, although I may re-do it with better paint, but I am really liking it:
picture.php

picture.php

What kind/brand paint did you use? This looks awesome, I want to paint mine now

OP
OP
R

retiredfireman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
UPDATE:
I had used:
I used: Automotive Touch Up Adhesion promoter on one piece then Krylon BBS and Stove BBQ black. The other piece, by the shifter, just the Krylon.

I know, it's all I had, but i like the flat black look on these two pieces, since it cuts the glare way down.

Yeah...............

the paint came un-painted when I had sunblock on my leg- it wore the paint away so I used some solvent to strip it off and am now painting it with Krylon Plaisticote paint.

the plasticote is formulated to adhere to the plastic much better than regular paint- fact I found out the hard way.

txdodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
picture.php

picture.php

What color is the bottom half of the dash? Is that the brown interior? I've got the brown/tan interior and wondering how the black console would look.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
dippin inside trim

looks great man plasti dip with there glossifier is always another route too

Plasti dipp yeah sure but the gloss **** dont do squat...Did it to my front wheels and there is lil difference..Just as well off usin a tire shine product..