over the humps weathertech mats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
I see several people have over the hump Weathertech mats in their Rams, and I am looking to purchase them for my new Ram, Have them in the Toyota and the fit is excellent. I'm just wondering whether to get the individual front mats or the over the hump mat?? I think the over the hump one gives you better protection but I am wondering how hard it is to get in and out once there's liquid on it? My question is whether or not it easy to get the over the hump front mat in/out once its dirty without spilling the mess?

Anyone who has experience with this please let me know.

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Don't think they make an over the hump for the front but they do for the back.

OP
OP
CDN Ram

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Here is the over the hump for both front and back for the 2014 Ram Mega

Attachments

• 443281_442163.jpg
    443281_442163.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 153

emjohn4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'd think it'd be difficult to remove the front one if it is an over the hump style.

I've got the over the hump for the rear, and it fits well, but isn't the easiest to install / remove.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
I've got the over the hump for the rear, and it fits well, but isn't the easiest to install / remove.

Mine was pretty easy. Just fold the backseats up. I guess it depends on what backseat you have. Mine has the under seat storage. 60/40 split rear.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put in the "over the hump" for the front in November and I have not removed them yet to clean them. There is some dirt, sand, and salt collected from all of the snow storms. I'll clean them when it gets warmer. To remove I probably have to move both front seats all the way back to get them out. I'll vacuum the grooved areas first so I don't spill the dirt in the carpet. (I have 2013 CC)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

OP
OP
CDN Ram

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
I put in the "over the hump" for the front in November and I have not removed them yet to clean them. There is some dirt, sand, and salt collected from all of the snow storms. I'll clean them when it gets warmer. To remove I probably have to move both front seats all the way back to get them out. I'll vacuum the grooved areas first so I don't spill the dirt in the carpet. (I have 2013 CC)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

When you do remove them let me know, I think I'll wait to purchase mine, for the outcome to this.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you do remove them let me know, I think I'll wait to purchase mine, for the outcome to this.

I'll let you know.

FYI. I think husky sells front mats with over the hump separate... So three piece set up.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1391985183074.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1391985183074.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 585
Last edited:
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 6.4
Im ordering my weather tech floor liners today. Cant wait. Mine has floor console so no center needed.

Mr.Asmith9

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.4L V8 Hemi
FYI. I think husky sells front mats with over the hump separate... So three piece set up.

I'd personally go with the weathertec mats, however this three piece set up sounds convenient, but it also doesn't sound like it provides as much protection. Without looking at them I wouldn't know for sure. My suggestion to you is reflect on the past vehicles you owned, and think about how often you cleaned the floor mats by taking them out, not just vacuuming them. If you fall around 1 - 2 times a year? I'd go with the weathertec. But if you think they will get so dirty you take them out once or twice a month then get the husky three piece.

Hope this helps.

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I have split front, but that's because I have the center console. They are great mats.

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like they hold the filth very well, let me know about the removing thing when you do it please.
Finally removed the one piece over the hump weathertech floor mat for the front. I pushed the front seats all the way back, then rolled the mat from passenger side to the driver side (to keep all the dirt/sand on the mats), then carefully removed the mat from the truck. I shook out the dirt/sand, washed with hose and scrub brush. They are drying now. I though they would be harder to get out without getting the dirt/sand on the rugs. I have the mopar slush mats in the back. I did them the same way, but they are thicker and harder to roll up.

OP
OP
CDN Ram

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
Finally removed the one piece over the hump weathertech floor mat for the front. I pushed the front seats all the way back, then rolled the mat from passenger side to the driver side (to keep all the dirt/sand on the mats), then carefully removed the mat from the truck. I shook out the dirt/sand, washed with hose and scrub brush. They are drying now. I though they would be harder to get out without getting the dirt/sand on the rugs. I have the mopar slush mats in the back. I did them the same way, but they are thicker and harder to roll up.

Thank you for the information, I decided I couldn't wait so I purchased the two piece for the front and the over the hump for the back. I am very happy with them so far hopefully once I get back to Canada this year I won't regret the two piece in the front come winter. Glad they were easy to remove.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
Can you guys post pictures of these in your truck?

OP
OP
CDN Ram

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
here you go pics as requested

Attachments

• IMG_0700.jpg
    IMG_0700.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0702.jpg
    IMG_0702.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_0701.jpg
    IMG_0701.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 92

RTS001

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the over the hump front and rear. I don't have any trouble taking them out. I usually fold over from passenger side to driver side and just pull them out. I like the over the hump protection in the front. It almost gives you the appearance that the truck has vinyl though...but it keeps the carpet clean that's for sure.

OP
OP
CDN Ram

CDN Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Laramie
Engine
6.7L CTD
I've bought them so I'm stuck with them and I like them in a sandy area like California, but this summer I'm moving back to Canada and I'm looking for some input from our northern Ram Brothers who have been through a winter with the weather tech mats. I'm not sure how they work in the snow and more so the water once the snow melts in your mat. In the snow I've always used a pant saver type of floor mat to keep the melted snow from soaking your pant leg bottom. Anyone wanna chime in from a snowy area and let me know what to expect from the weather techs?

jbr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can you guys post pictures of these in your truck?
2013 CC front floor mat. Recently cleaned after a harsh New York winter. Carpet underneath is like new.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1403203893805.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403203893805.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 127
  • uploadfromtaptalk1403203904406.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1403203904406.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads