Overhead center console light -- can it be turned off?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

toofart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8 spd
I have a '13 Outdoorsman with the bucket seats. There's a small light in the overhead console which puts some ambient light over the center console between the seats. At night, I can see the reflection of that light in the passenger window.

Is there any way to turn that light off? It dims with the dash lights but I don't want to dim the dash.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
You might be able to pull the overhead console down and disconnect the plug that goes to that ambient lighting led? Or take some of your wife's fingernail polish and dab a little bit on it. Or your fingernail polish. LOL. Now I'm gonna start noticing mine reflecting in my side window. Thanks alot!

White Beauty

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Ram 1500 SLT
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I have a '13 Outdoorsman with the bucket seats. There's a small light in the overhead console which puts some ambient light over the center console between the seats. At night, I can see the reflection of that light in the passenger window.

Is there any way to turn that light off? It dims with the dash lights but I don't want to dim the dash.

My 11 is same way. My plan is to install the switch panel in the dash for offroad lights and then wire that light up through a switch. Cause its freaking annoying!!!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 4

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram R/T
Engine
I unplugged mine....it annoyed the hell out of me.

OP
OP
toofart

toofart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 8 spd
Why the heck would they not switch that little light? I can see how it can be convenient, but it's always on.

I like the idea of using some nail polish to dim it some more. I ran out of polish, I gotta go buy more lol

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
weird never noticed that. I'll have to see if i see that in mine

DohCanadian

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes! I hate this so much!

What I usually do is turn my dimmer dial all the way left till it shuts off. You just have to remember to turn it back to the right a click when you leave the truck because it turns off all the interior lights too.

But I'm thinking of unplugging it just for easiness sake.

johnhh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 dodge ram 2500
Engine
overhead console

does anyone know what is the trick to get the plug out of the little green light.in the overhead console. I got all the other plugs disconnected but that one . I took out the little white tab from the plug but in won,t come off thanks

cstultz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Oye

Had this truck for 3 years. Just now noticed this light. Was it off before?

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
Anyone change the build to an led bulb ? My 17 has it too and it's even more annoying when you switch all your bulbs to led, yet that one remains on and it's a reg light

Skyjockey

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Warlock 4x4
Engine
3.6L
LOL, I'm trying to instal the overhead console now. Trying to figure out the wiring I actually blew up this little light. I came here to find out how to replace it and wire it. Sounds like I did myself a favor blowing it up

Salsa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That light doesn't bother me at all. I know it's there but never think about it at all. I even had my console off a week ago and I accidently popped out of it's holder so I snapped it back in place. If you have the console pulled down, just pop the bulb assembly out and push it to the side. Of course you also take the chance of a rattle and then you'll really GO NUTS!

robcope

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn you all, barely noticed the light until I read this thread. Lol. It doesn't bother me at all.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk