Overhead Console??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Ok hope this isn’t dumb question. I wanna put overhead console in my truck...
Do I need to cut a hole in my head liner to make it sit flush? Or does it go over it? Do I need the bracket or is it up under my head liner? Hoping I can just buy one and screw it in without too much work?? I know i’m Asking the right bunch of guys!! Lol

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yes you need the bracket and yes you need to cut a hole. The bracket is what holds it up there. There are kits on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7, 6" Rough Co lift, Fuel wheels, Bully Dog Gt, K&N CAI, Magnaflow Exhaust
Found a nice cheap console so now gotta look to see prices of brackets and see what’s better deal. The kit or individual pieces. Pretty self explanatory how much you gotta cut out?? Hold the bracket and console up there...mark it then just use a razor blade knife?? Can’t be too too hard to do? Pull the whole head liner?

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How about wiring also?? Is it there or do I need it??

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If you buy a kit, it will have some instructions, at least the one I bought on eBay had instructions that were super easy to follow.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You will need to splice in some wires to get the lights to work.

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are the wires up in the roof at least or do I have to run wires to the fuse box??

TroyClark

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Share instructions?

Could you share those super easy instructions? Have the parts, waiting on the guts to cut a hole in the headliner lol.
:superhack:

If you buy a kit, it will have some instructions, at least the one I bought on eBay had instructions that were super easy to follow.

AFMoulton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Could you share those super easy instructions? Have the parts, waiting on the guts to cut a hole in the headliner lol.

:superhack:

Brother I would if I still had them, I drilled 15 holes in my roof so I figured cutting the headliner wasn’t so bad.

OP
OP
Pa.hemi.ram

Pa.hemi.ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Google that sh#+ Troy....and you tube! Lemme know how it goes? I’m about to order the stuff. Miss rather quick click lights and sunglasses holder up above....

Phil van Beveren

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m looking to install console also on a 2008 1500 does anyone know if it’s plug in and go or do I have to have it programmed to recognize it ...I quickly plugged it in and it won’t reset the mpg or trip any help would be great thanks