Overhead Console LED map lights - replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hanadarko

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, as usual...another victim of the Overhead Console LED map light failure. RAM is replacing the entire panel under warranty. They are in Chicago (28 of them) so ETA is only 1 day.

My driver side (typical) either flickers or is 25% as bright as the passenger side.

Now, here is the question:

The part number has remained the same since day 1. I find this odd as usually once they redesign or fix a part, there is a new part number or suffix.
Not so in this case. The dealer said they'd replace it as I am still under the 3/36 warranty but they can't be sure it won't fail again.

Has anyone had this panel replaced and had the issue reappear or does anyone know if they DID redesign the circuit panel and didn't change the part?

sandawilliams

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have the same problem since new. I was going to take it in when still under warranty but after reading here that others had theirs replaced and later the same problem happened I figured why waste my time.