Overhead light problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EVc96bKA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello. Hoping someone can help.

Currently, my driver's side map light does not work. It will not turn on when I open the door, push it, or use the dimmer switch to turn the lights on. I tried putting a new bulb in there, still does not work.

I've had other issues in the past. First noticed when I switch the interior lights to LED. The back dome light eventually started flickering and sometimes wouldn't turn on at all or be really dim. After changing all the bulbs to a new kind, I still had the problem. Eventually the problem stopped and I haven't had that issue again. Most recently the map lights would intermittently not work. Now it just seems to be the driver side map light will never turn on.

I'm assuming this is an underlying issue and not really bulbs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have you tried putting the standard bulbs back in? Maybe it's LED's that are causing the issues. Check your fuses and see if they are loose or fried. You could have a loose wire that maybe came dislodged when you were changing the bulbs out.

As far as the LED's flickering, that is going to be more on the bulb side, than your wiring. I've got some cheap china LED's in my interior lights. My rear dome light occasionally flickers one row of LED's... sometimes they work fine, sometimes they flicker, and sometimes they don't work. But, it's just one row, so I leave it alone. One of these days I'll swap it out, as I have some extras.